Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I thought I saw Guy Kibbee in Decoy

222characteractor

I watched Decoy, a fantastic film noir from 1946 on TCM.  I thought that Guy Kibbee was one of the workers in the morgue, burt he wasn't listed on IMDB.

Could anyone corrobate that Kibbee was in this film?

By the way, there was an astonishing performance by Jean Gillie as the ruthless femme fatale in the movie.

I don't remember him in Decoy, and he's not a type to fade into the background.

Did you like the film? I found it laughable.

I watched Decoy, a fantastic film noir from 1946 on TCM.  I thought that Guy Kibbee was one of the workers in the morgue, burt he wasn't listed on IMDB.

By the way, there was an astonishing performance by Jean Gillie as the ruthless femme fatale in the movie.

Could be a lookalike.

Guy Kibbee is NOT listed in the credits in the book; Film Noir (Ward \ Silver).     

The person who played the bumbling oaf in the morgue certainly played like a Kibbee character.  He was slimmer than Kibbee in his heyday but looked a lot like him.  I really feel it was him.

The movie was incredibly film noirish.  Jean Gilles played a ferocious female better than Ann Savage in Detour.

There is a thread called Decoy in the noir\gangster sub-forum.     Decoy being a low budget sci-fi meets noir type film has it moments but also it flaws,  but the performance of Jean Gilles as the femme fatale makes the film worth watching.   

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings