Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Les Perles de la Couronne is on Monday -- don't miss it!

Swithin

The Pearls of the Crown (1937) is a crazy French film by Sacha Guitry, who wrote, directed, and starred. The film is delightful, a comic history lesson about the pearls in a royal necklace, and where they ended up. In addition to Guitry, many of France's leading actors of the day appeared in the film: Arletty, Claude Dauphin, Jean-Louis Barrault, and many others. Episodic, at times bizarre, and often enchanting.

It's on TCM on Monday at 4:15 am, following another Guitry film: The Story of a Cheat.

5c3kEAPnLNaN2zBtDIuPGVsqYAH.jpg

• Like 1

Sacha Guitry was an authentic genius,he was a master of the words,  i am French Canadian and i always like him very much,i do not know how the subtitles -translation will be,the Story of a Cheat i think was the first movie ever done in voice over in 1936 Gutry, left hundreds of thoughts,wits etc ,he was  a bit like Oscar Wilde,but more prolific,complete and much much funnier,i  like Oscar Wilde but Guitry was a true genius,many books were written by him and on him,i have read many of them.Story of a cheat is excellent and funny.His movie output is very impressive.

• Like 1

Sacha Guitry was an authentic genius,he was a master of the words,  i am French Canadian and i always like him very much,i do not know how the subtitles -translation will be,the Story of a Cheat i think was the first movie ever done in voice over in 1936 Gutry, left hundreds of thoughts,wits etc ,he was  a bit like Oscar Wilde,but more prolific,complete and much much funnier,i  like Oscar Wilde but Guitry was a true genius,many books were written by him and on him,i have read many of them.Story of a cheat is excellent and funny.His movie output is very impressive.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings