Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

DON'T BE SO PICKY!

Sepiatone

I really don't mind the 1990's remake of "Miracle on 34th Street" with RICHARD ATTENBOROUGH as Kris Kringle, and Mara Wilson in the SUSAN role.  It's really not all that bad

Now, I don't know the names of EVERY cast member, but there's a guy they got to play SHELLHAMMER(sic) who could pass as the original actor's son!

But, in an earlier part of the movie, the scenes where Mrs. walker is scrambling around  trying to organize the parade, Shellhamer calls her into a big van with video monitors loaded on one wall of it and informs her, "YOU'RE Santa Claus is wearing a TOPCOAT and FEDORA!"

I take exception to this, and point the flaw out every time we watch this flick.  My wife tells me not to be so picky.  MY problem with it is, that he's NOT wearing a FEDORA.  The style of hat Attenborough's wearing is a HOMBURG!

Don't ya just HATE that kind of stuff?

Sepiatone

I really don't mind the 1990's remake of "Miracle on 34th Street" with RICHARD ATTENBOROUGH as Kris Kringle, and Mara Wilson in the SUSAN role.  It's really not all that bad

Now, I don't know the names of EVERY cast member, but there's a guy they got to play SHELLHAMMER(sic) who could pass as the original actor's son!

But, in an earlier part of the movie, the scenes where Mrs. walker is scrambling around  trying to organize the parade, Shellhamer calls her into a big van with video monitors loaded on one wall of it and informs her, "YOU'RE Santa Claus is wearing a TOPCOAT and FEDORA!"

I take exception to this, and point the flaw out every time we watch this flick.  My wife tells me not to be so picky.  MY problem with it is, that he's NOT wearing a FEDORA.  The style of hat Attenborough's wearing is a HOMBURG!

Sepiatone

Of course!

It's why we are all here. :D Where else would we go to nitpick, imdb, the home of fakakta forums? No thank you.

Mr. primos picks out incorrect era cars in movies all the time. 

Personally, I get hung up on hanged and hung.

I hate that Shelhammer doesn't know the difference between "your" and "you're". :P

Now, I don't know the names of EVERY cast member,

You could HAVE gone to IMDb in order to LOOK up the names of the ACTORS in the cast. For the record, it's Simon Jones as Shelhammer in that version. Thurston Howell played him in the 1973 TV movie.

• Like 1

Every time.I watch BRINGING UP BABY (which I love), I am struck that Hepburn gets a leopard from her brother in Brazil. However, leopards are native to the Eastern Hemisphere, not the Western. The equivalent in this hemisphere is the jaguar.

Further confounding is when a jaguar IS used in the movie later, although I've yet to determine if it is only used to represent the escaped circus leopard.

Anachronisms in movies jump out at me, especially in modern films conveying other times.

• Like 2

Sepiatone

This is a fedora. If looks could kill.

article-1154622-038281D5000005DC-404_634

Yeah, I know I COULD have gone to IMDb to get the actor's names, but I didn't think their names would be germain to the topic at hand.

Oh, GEEZ!  Knowing THIS crowd, I've just made it possible for this thread to go off the rails into a discussion of the JACKSON FAMILY!

AARrrrggghhh!  ;)

Sepiatone

Yeah, I know I COULD have gone to IMDb to get the actor's names, but I didn't think their names would be germain to the topic at hand.

Oh, GEEZ!  Knowing THIS crowd, I've just made it possible for this thread to go off the rails into a discussion of the JACKSON FAMILY!

AARrrrggghhh!  ;)

Sepiatone

Well, if THAT'S what ya really want here Sepia ol' buddy, then here ya ARE!

Jermaine Jackson in a HAT...

tumblr_mlt9udumiT1s0ndeqo1_500.jpg

(...sorry, couldn't find one where he's wearin' a fedora OR a homburg...only THIS one...and I have NO idea WHAT kind'a freakin' hat THAT is...looks more like a lampshade to ME!!!)  

;)

Every time.I watch BRINGING UP BABY (which I love), I am struck that Hepburn gets a leopard from her brother in Brazil. However, leopards are native to the Eastern Hemisphere, not the Western. The equivalent in this hemisphere is the jaguar.

Further confounding is when a jaguar IS used in the movie later, although I've yet to determine if it is only used to represent the escaped circus leopard.

Anachronisms in movies jump out at me, especially in modern films conveying other times.

Good post. Someone could easily start a thread about such goofs and anachronisms in movies.

Well, if THAT'S what ya really want here Sepia ol' buddy, then here ya ARE!

Jermaine Jackson in a HAT...

tumblr_mlt9udumiT1s0ndeqo1_500.jpg

(...sorry, couldn't find one where he's wearin' a fedora OR a homburg...only THIS one...and I have NO idea WHAT kind'a freakin' hat THAT is...looks more like a lampshade to ME!!!)  

;)

Jermaine Jackson in a hat? "Let's get serious".

I think you're right.

Is this a fedora?

mrsthurstonhowelliii.png

No, THAT is(and as I always say about Natalie here) what Marilyn Monroe would have looked like if she would have made it to her middle-aged years!!!

(...she's just missing that little beauty mark, THAT'S all...and I STILL can't understand why more people can't SEE this!!!) LOL

Arghh!

Okay, is this a fedora?

tumblr_ng788uTOs71tn0fi8o3_400.gif

And no again! THAT is the lousy actress who I once boarded on an airliner around the mid-90s, and who gave me the impression that she thought her know-who-what didn't stink because she was some kind'a big star or somethin'!!! 

LOL

And no again! THAT is the lousy actress who I once boarded on an airliner around the mid-90s, and who gave me the impression that she thought her know-who-what didn't stink because she was some kind'a big star or somethin'!!! 

Yikes!!!!

Well, she was "the movie star" after all . . .

the-movie-star-ginger-mary-ann-gilligan-   

. . . but as my grandmother used to say "Rude looks the same on everyone . .   "

LOL

Tina Louise always seemed like she'd give off that impression.  In my opinion, Mary Ann wins the whole "Ginger or Mary Ann" debate.

Yikes!!!!

Well, she was "the movie star" after all . . .

the-movie-star-ginger-mary-ann-gilligan-   

. . . but as my grandmother used to say "Rude looks the same on everyone . .   "

Yeah, after my short little encounter with her, it confirmed to me why she refused to be the one actor on that lame "Island" sitcom(primarily her one claim to fame) to refuse to reprise her role on its little reunion show.

Dargo, on 28 Dec 2014 - 2:10 PM, said:snapback.png

Tina Louise always seemed like she'd give off that impression.  In my opinion, Mary Ann wins the whole "Ginger or Mary Ann" debate.

speedracer, any idea what Tina Louise has to do with the Mile High Club?

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings