Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

stumped again

DickLindsay

OK, the gal on the far right looks like it might be June ALlyson; but she didn't make any films at universal (at least, not in 1949).  anyone know who these people are?

The gal on the right is Ida Lupino.     See the 'Ida' on the wall on the very far right!   

In 1949 Ida was acting in movies as well as directing pictures. 

wow, I kinda thought it might be Ida Lupino, but it doesn't look like her!  who are the others??  anyone??

she was a good director, overlooked.  I saw couple of her films at MOMA in NYC once; they had a 'directed by Ida Lupino' retrospective.  I remember THE BIGAMIST.... good.

wow, I kinda thought it might be Ida Lupino, but it doesn't look like her!  who are the others??  anyone??

Yeah...MY guess is that that's Sandy Koufax in the middle there!

(...naaaah, just kiddin'...I just thought the guy resembles the great Dodger pitcher a bit, that's all) ;)

This still probably has something to do with Woman in Hiding, which was released in February 1950 by Universal. The caption at the bottom of the photo provides that clue. The man is definitely not the film's director, Michael Gordon. The two people could be extras or members of the film crew.

Looks like the same outfit here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Photo-Ida-Lupino-Howard-Duff-Woman-in-Hiding-1950-m59566-/350746833963?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51aa23f42b

Edited by scsu1975

This still probably has something to do with Woman in Hiding, which was released in February 1950 by Universal. The caption at the bottom of the photo provides that clue. The man is definitely not the film's director, Michael Gordon. The two people could be extras or members of the film crew.

Yeah, and besides, word is Gordon could never get HIS fastball goin' over 70mph on a GOOD day!

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings