Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Eddy Duchin Story (1956)

Kid Dabb

I like biopics, and this one fascinated me as I watched Tyrone Power play piano. I had to wonder.. was that actually Tyrone Power playing those songs? He was certainly hitting each note and appeared to be. So.. I did some snooping around and dug up some info on Mr. Power and his piano playing in this film. There are some other tidbits concerning Kim Novak also. Fairly interesting stuff.

http://www.tyrone-power.com/eddyduchin_presskit.html

I like biopics, and this one fascinated me as I watched Tyrone Power play piano. I had to wonder.. was that actually Tyrone Power playing those songs? He was certainly hitting each note and appeared to be. So.. I did some snooping around and dug up some info on Mr. Power and his piano playing in this film. There are some other tidbits concerning Kim Novak also. Fairly interesting stuff.

http://www.tyrone-power.com/eddyduchin_presskit.html

I Love the film and as you probably know by now Tyrone Power is my favorite actor. Not only the handsomest man on the screen (sorry speedracer) he was truly a GREAT actor. Anyone watching The Eddy Duchin Story would be convinced that it was Power  playing the piano. He had all the mannerisms down perfectly. He practiced for months. Very few actors could have been more convincing in this role. It's a touching film, I have the tape so I do get to watch it more often than it's shown on TCM.

Glad you enjoyed Tyrone's performance and the film Kid. If more around here would read up on Tyrone's life and how hard he worked at his craft, and watch more of his films,we'd be discussing a little less Errol and alot more Tyrone

• Like 1

Has anyone ever noticed that the beautiful and elegant Victoria Shaw, who played Chiquita in this film, sounds remarkably like Audrey Hepburn? I was forever trying to place her voice when I heard her in this film, thinking I had heard it somewhere else, until I made the Hepburn connection.

eddyduchinstory8_zpsa58c8b98.jpg

Shaw had been married to Roger Smith, having three children with him, prior to his still current marriage to Ann Margret. Shaw was actually AUSTRALIAN (!!!), the country where she would die in 1988. Can't say that I hear any trace of an Aussie accent when she speaks in The Eddy Duchin Story. All I hear is Audrey.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings