Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Another movie's Maltin review attached to CHARADE on TCM schedule

HoldenIsHere

The Leonard Maltin review attached to CHARADE on the TCM schedule for January 4 is for some other movie.

I'm not sure what movie it is.

8:00 PM
C- 113 min
suspense
Charade (1963)

A beautiful widow tries to find her husband's lost fortune while eluding the killers who want it themselves.

Dir: Stanley Donen Cast: Cary Grant , Audrey Hepburn , Walter Matthau .
C- 113 min,

LEONARD MALTIN REVIEW:

D: Roy Kellino. James Mason, Pamela Mason, Scott Forbes, Paul Cavanagh, Bruce Lester, John Dodsworth, Judy Osborne, Sean McClory. Trilogy of short stories adapted by the then-married Masons (and directed by her ex-husband) for British TV, subsequently reedited for theatrical release. Only the middle piece, Alexandre Dumas' romantic drama ``Duel at Dawn,'' holds up today. The others: a mystery, ``Portrait of a Murderer,'' and a light comedy, ``The Midas Touch.''

That review is for a 1953 film also called CHARADE, which has nothing to do with the Cary Grant/Audrey Hepburn vehicle TCM will air tomorrow night. That's not the first time such a mix-up has occurred. If I remember correctly, the last time TCM aired PHILADELPHIA (1993), they mistakenly had beside the title Leonard Maltin's review of THE PHILADELPHIA STORY (1940).

• 1 month later...

I'm bumping this because this subject came up in another thread.

I know the message board moderators are busy, well, moderating and that maintaining the TCM database is not in the realm of their responsibilities, but one would think that when they read a post like this in the course of their moderating they would pass the information on to someone at TCM who is responsible for the database and how the reviews are linked to the schedule entries.

There was another error I noted months ago that was never corrected.

I will try to remember what it was.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings