Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

That's just MEAN! (but I still thought it funny)

Sepiatone

Last night, TCM showed that "filler" of Kurt Russell talking about his kicking Elvis in the shins as his "debut" in the acting profession.  As y'all know( because it's been shown a LOT) he talks a bit about Elvis admiring Russell's father, and asked him if he could wear his HAT the same way, if he ever makes a western.

I, after a short while, exclaimed, "OH! THAT'S right!  Kurt is BING RUSSELL'S son, right?"

To which my WIFE said, "Well, DUH!  What OTHER Russell in movies COULD be his FATHER?"

To which I quipped, "ROSALIND!"

But, I was thinking more GYPSY than any other of her roles!

Sepiatone

John is a great Russell. 'Lawman' was one of my favorite westerns.

Here's another great Russell - my favorite actress named Russell. Theresa.

6046d33e_theresa-russell-actress.jpeg

OH yeah! She was HOT!

Whatever happened to her? Seems like after her big splash in "Black Widow", she seemed to almost vanish?

(...perhaps the "Sean Young Syndrome"...so cuckoo for cocoa puffs nobody wanted to work with her or somethin"???)

OH! So ya wanna play THAT game do ya, Vautrin?!!! Then HERE...

3521f518ad1d70196422619a59eadb4a.jpg

(...I always thought Nipsey was MUCH funnier than Bertrand ever was...and besides, I don't recall Bertrand ever bein' a regular on "Match Game"...though of course I stopped watchin' that show around '74 or so, and so I could be wrong here) ;)

Can I play?

431px-charles_marion_russell.jpg

Now c'mon, rewrite?!

What does Spencer Tracy have to do with all this, HUH?!

(...oh...wait...that's the western painter CHARLES Russell there, isn't it...sorry...never mind...kind'a looks like Spence though, wouldn't ya say?!) ;)

Can I play, too?

Jack-Russell-Terrier_52469f10be5631_zpse

LOL

Yeah, you can play too, Tom! ;)

Though I might remind you that THIS little fella's name was actually "Moose"!

(...well, that is IF this is the same Jack Russell Terrier who played the character of "Eddie" on the sitcom "Frasier", anyway)

OH yeah! She was HOT!

Whatever happened to her? Seems like after her big splash in "Black Widow", she seemed to almost vanish?

(...perhaps the "Sean Young Syndrome"...so cuckoo for cocoa puffs nobody wanted to work with her or somethin"???)

A quick perusal of Wiki shows thats she's been working pretty steadily in movies and TV.  She was married and  divorced to Nicolas Roeg and they have two children.  I always thought she was underrated, maybe because she was so gorgeous.  

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings