Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dish announced a online service that carries a few channels for $20 a month

boib

But it does not include TCM but there are other Turner/TimeWarner channels.

I cut my cable service a few years ago because I didn't want to pay $70 a month for the only channel I wanted: TCM.

Please TCM, either let me pay you directly to view your channel online or allow Dish or some other service (Sony will have one soon) to carry your channel.

I think this is the wave of the future....

There ALWAYS was a "lower tier" package available with cable, it only includes "over the air" local stuff and a few really awful cable channels like QVC-nothing like TCM, ESPN or a cable news channel.

Recently there was a local news story about Verizon/Fios losing a premium channel in their package. The news story said, "the carrier asks customers to be patient while under negotiation"

The writing is on the wall.

I think this is the wave of the future....

There ALWAYS was a "lower tier" package available with cable, it only includes "over the air" local stuff and a few really awful cable channels like QVC-nothing like TCM, ESPN or a cable news channel.

Recently there was a local news story about Verizon/Fios losing a premium channel in their package. The news story said, "the carrier asks customers to be patient while under negotiation"

The writing is on the wall.

What is the premium channel? I only find an article from Syracuse.com that says FIOS has deleted Fox 68 and My 43.

If they keep this up, I wonder how far the cable channels think they can push their subscribers? The 1980s and the days of the cable strangleholds are over.

Primos asked: What is the premium channel? I only find an article from Syracuse.com that says FIOS has deleted Fox 68 and My 43.

I don't know which channels....I don't subscribe to cable TV. Guess what I meant to say was "losing channels from their premium package" 

If they keep this up, I wonder how far the cable channels think they can push their subscribers? The 1980s and the days of the cable strangleholds are over.

Exactly!

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings