Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Best Pre-Censor Movie/Actor/Actress

Elvis Presley was the marquee star of every movie he was ever in! He's a household name! Who the hell is William Warren?

Warren William (a real actor, an interesting actor) deserves a SOTM a thousand times more than Elvis.  Every time I see Elvis movies coming on I cringe and roll my eyes.  Elvis made such horrific absurd movies even though he was a star singer and national icon of great renown.

Warren William (a real actor, an interesting actor) deserves a SOTM a thousand times more than Elvis.  Every time I see Elvis movies coming on I cringe and roll my eyes.  Elvis made such horrific absurd movies even though he was a star singer and national icon of great renown.

Still is. Warren Willam not so much.

WW is divine. Warren William, that is, of course. The one, the only.

Elvis Presley was a pretty good singer, but stunk as an actor.

Primosprimos,

Since I believe you like Warren William...???? have you seen Satan Met a Lady? If so,Was it good?

Primosprimos,

Since I believe you like Warren William... have you seen Satan Met a Lady? If so,Was it good?

I don't think I have, mockingbird. Based on The Maltese Falcon, with Bette Davis? It surely sounds good, perhaps TCM will favor us with it.

Satan met a lady was just like the Maltese falcon, but, WW played a guy named Shane, & he wasn't looking for a bird, but.. (Believe it or not?)

"THE HORN OF ROLAND!"

Bette Davis was the femme fetale if memory serves?

The movie is worth watching because of what WW does with the character.

But, because it dates BOGEY, You might believe HE studied WW Too!

I don't think I have, mockingbird. Based on The Maltese Falcon, with Bette Davis? It surely sounds good, perhaps TCM will favor us with it.

TCM did show Satan Met A Lady not too long ago,  but I missed it!    So if it comes up again,  I'll remind you when it is on.   It is a movie on my 'would like to see' Bette Davis listing.   

Satan met a lady was just like the Maltese falcon, but, WW played a guy named Shane, & he wasn't looking for a bird, but.. (Believe it or not?)

"THE HORN OF ROLAND!"

Bette Davis was the femme fetale if memory serves?

The movie is worth watching because of what WW does with the character.

But, because it dates BOGEY, You might believe HE studied WW Too!

Thank you paroland. Sounds good. Like primos said hopefully we will be granted this movie.

The channel is Turner Classic MOVIES not Turner Classic SINGERS.  As a singer WW undoubtedly stunk.  As an actor Elvis stunk and his movies even more so. 

As an actor I bet Elvis has way more fans than Warren Wilson has.

As an actor I bet Elvis has way more fans than Warren Wilhelm.

I'll grant you that I'll bet more people have seen Elbiss movies than Warren "Wilhelm" movies as well.  One of TCM's missions is the education of people about classic movies and classic actors such as WW rather than the unclassic and simply awful Elbiss movies.

I'll grant you that I'll bet more people have seen Elbiss movies than Warren "Wilhelm" movies as well.  One of TCM's missions is the education of people about classic movies and classic actors such as WW rather than the unclassic and simply awful Elbiss movies.

Or as Dan Ingram of WABC radio used to call him all those years ago: Elbo Parsley. :D

He had no business being in movies, it was just his greedy handlers and the greedy studios knowing there were enough stupid people out there to buy the tickets.

At least A Hard Day's Night and Help! stand the test of time.

• Like 3

I have no quarrel with what TCM shows. At all. As for its "mission", well I have no idea if the education of people is part of it or not.

However, to say that Warren Williams deserves to have a special day IF Elvis does is laughable. Elvis was the top star - as an ACTOR - in 31 movies over 13 years. How many times did Warren top a marquee in his 25 years? Ever? The box office receipts for Elvis movies is a thousand times greater than all of Warren's movies put together. As for acting, Elvis' performance in 'Flaming Star' alone is better than anything Warren ever got a chance to do as an actor, I think. I'd also bet that whenever TCM does an Elvis tribute, it gets more viewership than anything it'll ever get for this WW guy. Elvis and Warren aren't in the same class at all - Elvis is so far above Warren Wilson it's mind-blowing.

So, yeah - by all means have a Warren day and enjoy. But any statement of him being more deserving of it than Elvis has zero credibility.

• Like 1

I have no quarrel with what TCM shows. At all. As for its "mission", well I have no idea if the education of people is part of it or not.

However, to say that Warren Williams deserves to have a special day IF Elvis does is laughable. Elvis was the top star - as an ACTOR - in 31 movies over 13 years. How many times did Warren top a marquee in his 25 years? Ever? The box office receipts for Elvis movies is a thousand times greater than all of Warren's movies put together. As for acting, Elvis' performance in 'Flaming Star' alone is better than anything Warren ever got a chance to do as an actor, I think. I'd also bet that whenever TCM does an Elvis tribute, it gets more viewership than anything it'll ever get for this WW guy. Elvis and Warren aren't in the same class at all - Elvis is so far above Warren Wilson it's mind-blowing.

So, yeah - by all means have a Warren day and enjoy. But any statement of him being more deserving of it than Elvis has zero credibility.

Elbo Parsley or Elbiss- A laughable actor in silly movies. 

• Like 1

Yeah, but there's still more interest in watching his acting than in William Warren.

Why don't you conduct a TCM poll.  I vote for WW and you vote for EP.  The score is now 1-1 in the bottom of the ninth.

• Like 1

Why don't you conduct a TCM poll.  I vote for WW and you vote for EP.  The score is now 1-1 in the bottom of the ninth.

Because TCM posters are a bunch of old f*rts who actually know who Warren Wilbur is. I'll do my poll out in the real world and let you know how it comes out.

• Like 1

Although I am not interested in becoming a referee in this forum between disagreeing members..

(Free Country & all)

Because I opened the discussion, I believe it's up to me to ask that participating member's use good taste in their posts.

(Referring to TCM Viewers as, "Old F*rts" is inappropriate!)

Difference of opinion is to be expected in any discussion..

Bad manners is not!

Although I am not interested in becoming a referee in this forum between disagreeing members..

(Free Country & all)

Because I opened the discussion, I believe it's up to me to ask that participating member's use good taste in their posts.

(Referring to TCM Viewers as, "Old F*rts" is inappropriate!)

Difference of opinion is to be expected in any discussion..

Bad manners is not!

Good post, but...........sad to say, paroland, you ain't seen nuthin' yet. Consider yourself lucky you ain't seen what you ain't seen.

Some members have no taste, never mind good taste. We tolerate them until they become intolerable.

You can do one of two things: a. ignore their posts, or 2. put them on ignore.

And remember, enjoy the posts of those who DO have good taste and good manners! ;) Most importantly, stick around to bolster the numbers of the aforementioned.

• Like 1

ATTENTION GROUP: Movie Alert!

Don't Miss "For the Defense!" 1930

Saturday morning 6:AM EST

William Powell at his Best;

as an immoral attorney!

Oh I loved that movie. I almost love Kay Fwancis as much as I love William Powell.

Thanks for the heads up, it's the only decent movie all day.

• Like 1

Elvis's place in history should be primarily in rock and roll, not in films, and while I'm at it, Eddie Cochran had ten times the talent of Elvis.

Elvis's place in history should be primarily in rock and roll, not in films, and while I'm at it, Eddie Cochran had ten times the talent of Elvis.

Sad to say I don't know Eddie Cochran.

And while I'm at, Meatloaf is far better at acting than Elvis. And yeah, I like Meatloaf's singing better than Elvis'.