Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ANOTHER "CAROL"

Sepiatone

I got a letter in the mail not long ago informing me of all the benefits I'm entitled to with my "Amazon Prime" membership.

The only problem was.....I DON'T REMEMBER CLICKING ON ANYTHING or AGREEING TO getting an Amazon Prime membership!

So, I went on their website to see if there was anything I could do to get OUT of it.

Apparently, I had ordered a movie via Amazon, and THAT got me the unwanted "membership".

But, it also revealed something I was hitherto unaware of:

First off, What I ordered from them was a DVD copy of "A Christmas Carol" starring Alistair Sim.  And, as it often does on the Amazon site, they'll provide a short list----

"People who ordered THIS movie, also ordred THESE---"  And it showed small thumbnail photos of DVD covers of OTHER "Christmas Carol" movies.  Of course, they showed the one starring Reginald Owen, AND the Seymore Hicks version.

But, they ALSO showed the cover of a version that starred FREDERIC MARCH and BASIL RATHBONE!

I WASN'T AWARE there WAS a version with those two in it!  But, I'm NOT gonna shell out the scratch to buy the DVD only to find out I DON'T LIKE IT!

So, HAVE any of you seen it?  and HOW does it stack up against Sim's?

I suppose I could WIKI it, but I'll give y'all first crack!

Sepiatone

OH!  So, it was a television presentation.  Could be why I never saw or heard of it before.  It DID air before I was probably paying much attention to TV, or was on past my bedtime( I was THREE years old at the time!)  And probably there might have been some legal issues preventing it from being aired elsewhere over all those years.

Still, I'd like to know if it was any good (as I like both principals in it) but don't wish to pay for the DVD just in case I DON'T like it! 

So, have any forum members ever seen it?

Sepiatone

I got a letter in the mail not long ago informing me of all the benefits I'm entitled to with my "Amazon Prime" membership.

The only problem was.....I DON'T REMEMBER CLICKING ON ANYTHING or AGREEING TO getting an Amazon Prime membership!

So, I went on their website to see if there was anything I could do to get OUT of it.

Apparently, I had ordered a movie via Amazon, and THAT got me the unwanted "membership".

But, it also revealed something I was hitherto unaware of:

First off, What I ordered from them was a DVD copy of "A Christmas Carol" starring Alistair Sim.  And, as it often does on the Amazon site, they'll provide a short list----

"People who ordered THIS movie, also ordred THESE---"  And it showed small thumbnail photos of DVD covers of OTHER "Christmas Carol" movies.  Of course, they showed the one starring Reginald Owen, AND the Seymore Hicks version.

But, they ALSO showed the cover of a version that starred FREDERIC MARCH and BASIL RATHBONE!

I WASN'T AWARE there WAS a version with those two in it!  But, I'm NOT gonna shell out the scratch to buy the DVD only to find out I DON'T LIKE IT!

So, HAVE any of you seen it?  and HOW does it stack up against Sim's?

I suppose I could WIKI it, but I'll give y'all first crack!

Sepiatone

Be careful, if they have your credit card, they will charge you $99. for the membership.

Perhaps they are just giving you a free trial for a month?

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings