Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

no recent films of any interest

NipkowDisc

not too much coming out of hollywood these days of any interest to this old school space cadet.

I've read michael keaton is very good in Birdman but is the film worth taking a look at?

personally I'd like to see Keaton reprise Betelgeuse. :D

• Like 1

Keaton is good in just about any role, IMO. His on screen comedy hooked me, then Pacific Heights (1990) hit me with his dramatic side, which I found myself thinking, "No! He can't be that guy!". I also prefer his characterization of Batman over the other's.

Michael Keaton gave an excellent performance and is Oscar worthy.  Anyone who has had experience with theatre would identify.  It gives a good inside look at what happens backstage and in the alley ways behind the theatres.  Good shots of Broadway and the Saint James Theatre.

I just cracked wise last night, after seeing another trailer on TV for yet another animated flick!

I asked my wife, "Hey!  Remember when they showed cartoons BETWEEN and BEFORE movies in a theater?  Now, it seems all the movies ARE cartoons!"

Sepiatone

not too much coming out of hollywood these days of any interest to this old school space cadet.

This year (like previous recent years) has been dull.  A shame one has to wait for older movies, foreign films/shorts  to become available.  :(

Documentaries has been better than any major films released, the Hollywood stuff has been that bad!

There were only 3 movies I watched on Pay-per-View "Noah", "Pompeii" and just a week ago "Left Behind". Even though I think they are fair/good none are worth recording for keeps. My only issue with "Noah" is the very bizarre concept of the fallen angel, looks like a Flintstones version of Transformers, LOL!  I think their descendants got a starring role in "Guardians of The Galaxy"

I'm waiting for "Interstellar" on Pay-per-view and "Into The Storm" (I think it's a ripoff of "Twister") on a channel like FXX.

Won't be until spring "Exodus Gods and Kings" be released but I might wait until it appears on FXX also. Anyway what's the rush, have something to watch when nothing else is on.

Starz/Encore  is giving several days of free programming but nothing that interest me and still old reruns included. This is why I gave it up.

Not surprised there are so many flops in 2014. If Hollywood don't get their act together, the sun won't come out tomorrow. 

I just cracked wise last night, after seeing another trailer on TV for yet another animated flick!

I asked my wife, "Hey!  Remember when they showed cartoons BETWEEN and BEFORE movies in a theater?  Now, it seems all the movies ARE cartoons!"

Sepiatone

:lol:

One has to be on drugs to watch this (or make it). Didn't I just saw Rock Man on "Noah"?

902239-product-thumb.jpg

One of my sons visited during the holidays and he had me watch GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY on Amazon Prime.  I don't get the hoopla surrounding it.  I thought it was a crummy movie.  We also watched X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST though and I must say I liked that movie.  It had an interesting story, good acting, and people one could care about so I'll give it a thumbs up. 

One of my sons visited during the holidays and he had me watch GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY on Amazon Prime.  I don't get the hoopla surrounding it.  I thought it was a crummy movie.  

I guess the only thing worst is having your wife getting you to watch "Sex and The City" (2008)

The torture.sm-tortureani.gif

One has to be on drugs to watch this (or make it). Didn't I just saw Rock Man on "Noah"?

902239-product-thumb.jpg

Hollywood better realize soon that we're all not all ritalin-enhanced millennials out here and start to put some adult-minded people at the helm of future films who can imagine greater than sentient cgi raccoons. they way things are goin' out there five years from now best picture will be sesame street: the movie.

seriously for a moment, save the cute cgi critters for the kiddies. there's still some adults out here.

let me know when Explorers (1985) takes on the mantle of Citizen Kane.

some of this shyte is getting ridiculous. :angry:

Hollywood better realize soon that we're all not all ritalin-enhanced millennials out here and start to put some adult-minded people at the helm of future films who can imagine greater than sentient cgi raccoons. they way things are goin' out there five years from now best picture will be sesame street: the movie. :angry:

I mean what is this??? hollywood movers and shakers can identify more now with raccoons than people? :huh:

Hollywood better realize soon that we're all not all ritalin-enhanced millennials out here and start to put some adult-minded people at the helm of future films who can imagine greater than sentient cgi raccoons. they way things are goin' out there five years from now best picture will be sesame street: the movie. :angry:

Been there, done that. (referring to movie producers)

Follow_that_bird_theatrical_poster.jpg

Been there, done that. (referring to movie producers)

Follow_that_bird_theatrical_poster.jpg

yeah, but now they've begun to peddle children's fare as adult entertainment. hollywood's mind has been in the video game mindset for far too long. their cookies are cracked and they doan even know it.

Isn't a film like Unbroken the type of film you want Hollywood to make?    e.g.  a throw back film,,,  one based on the so called greatest generation,  not made for teens,  no just all special effects,,,,  etc....

sure but lara croft ain't my idea of a competent director. :lol:

sure but lara croft ain't my idea of a competent director.

And yet she is! Which means you don't have any idea what you're talking about. Again.

Guess what? Drew Barrymore is a director as well - and a pretty good one, going by 'Whip It' (2009).

Darned supposedly dumb women anyway, making fools out of chauvinist slow-wits. Damn.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings