Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Woman in Black

NipkowDisc

got the film off youtube and put it to disc some weeks ago and it just sat around in my dvd player until I watched it late last nite.
this is the 1989 british TV-movie with patricia moran as the womam in black.
a disappointment. good production values and atmosphere with none of the manic over-the-top acting that mars so many things made today but ultimately it becomes tedious and dull.
the highlight is a recovering Arthur Kidd hearing a child's voice and then the ghostly woman in black almost scares the crumpets outta him in the form of a horrific screaming apparition.
quite a well-done scene.
unfortunately, it's the only truly scary scene in the movie.
think I'll be taking a look at the two recent films. :)

got the film off youtube and put it to disc some weeks ago and it just sat around in my dvd player until I watched it late last nite.

this is the 1989 british TV-movie with patricia moran as the womam in black.

a disappointment. good production values and atmosphere with none of the manic over-the-top acting that mars so many things made today but ultimately it becomes tedious and dull.

the highlight is a recovering Arthur Kidd hearing a child's voice and then the ghostly woman in black almost scares the crumpets outta him in the form of a horrific screaming apparition.

quite a well-done scene.

unfortunately, it's the only truly scary scene in the movie.

think I'll be taking a look at the two recent films. :)

Try the Harry Potter version. :P

WiB-Cover.jpg

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings