Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help! I've forgotten this Alien-in-Spaceship Movie's name

OllieTSB

Help!  I've forgotten the name of this familiar '50s film, and even the star.  (I was thinking it was Arthur Franz but no...)

Scenario: a rescue ship is sent to somewhere - a distant planet?  The moon? - to save a previous rocketship's crew.

But they're all dead except for the Star Of Our Film, and the rescue crew believe the sole survivor has killed his shipmates.  (Oh boy - all those Hershey Kisses just for me!!)

The rescue ship takes off, but the Alien Monster is aboard, in a lower deck and starts killing this crew.  This consumes most of the film - the voyage back to Earth, and the eventual discovery of mutilated bodies and then the our costumed Monster.

The Rescue Crew bolts hatches, and someone battles the monster with a blow-torch, while someone else does a space-walk to try to sneak in behind the monster. 

What's the name of this film?  Definitely '50s.  The set is pure '50s Spaceship Interiors, too.

That's it... er IT.  I finally remembered the name of the only 'face' I could recall - Dabbs Greer.  One of those character actors that littered film and TV from 1949 into the 2000s.

I keep hoping the REAL advancement in digitizing American entertainment will be to allow me to put a cursor on someone's face in any film or TV show and have their IMDB page popup if I click on it.

(IMDB used to be good with a Keyword Index, but "stowaway-alien", "alien-on-rocketship", "murder-in-space" none of that produced any results.  They must be overhauling their databases or indexes... or chucking it all.  "Let's make our database less useful-!"  Yeah... typical...)

:)

Cool. This has always been a favorite of mine and it hasn't been broadcast to the point of viewer burn-out... yet. First saw it at my local theater in a double-bill with..? can't recall. Might have been Robinson Crusoe on Mars. Great stuff on the big screen.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings