Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Films That Make You Blubber

TomJH

I get a tear or two watching Lassie Come Home.    

Even though the collie's name in it is Bill, "Courage of Lassie" always gets to me.

(...and which is maybe not surprising considering that just as in my favorite film, TBYOOL, it's about a war veteran hero, a dog in this case, having PTSD and trying to readjust to civilian life again)

I get a tear or two watching Lassie Come Home.    

As many times as I've seen the film, and that's alot, I always tear up in quite a few scenes. That last scene of Lassie limping to greet Roddy when school is dismissed always gets me.

Not so much now, but as a child watching Margaret O'Brien killing off her snowmen in Meet Me In St. Louis use get me teary eyed.

The first time I saw Imitation of Life (in a movie theater when I was child) when Susan Kohner runs to the coffin of Juanita Moore had me crying.. Left the movie theater and cried for quite awhile.

For me, it's the scene in THE BEST YEARS OF OUR LIVES when Homer finally puts his arms around Wilma, and the LOOK on her face when he does! 

I'm getting dewy-eyed just TYPING about it!

Sepiatone

How about their wedding when he puts the band on her finger with his hooks?  He looks at her as if to ask if she's sure, she nods and it goes on.  This is my favorite movie wedding and it get me every time.

Rosebette:  How did you like your Mr. Redmayne winning a Golden Globe last night?  I agree he has the talent to last a long time.

Somebody mentioned One Potato, Two Potato, I thought I was the only one who remembered this realistic and heartbreaking film.  It's on next Monday at 2:00 PM.  Sadly, there were several such cases in the news over the ensuing years with similar endings.  Hopefully, we've learned from them.

• Like 1

How about their wedding when he puts the band on her finger with his hooks?  He looks at her as if to ask if she's sure, she nods and it goes on.  This is my favorite movie wedding and it get me every time.

Rosebette:  How did you like your Mr. Redmayne winning a Golden Globe last night?  I agree he has the talent to last a long time.

Somebody mentioned One Potato, Two Potato, I thought I was the only one who remembered this realistic and heartbreaking film.  It's on next Monday at 2:00 PM.  Sadly, there were several such cases in the news over the ensuing years with similar endings.  Hopefully, we've learned from them.

The most blubber-worthy scene of TBYOOL, for me, is the ending scene involving Andrews and Wright.

• Like 1