Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

THE CEREMONY bumped for Rod Taylor tribute on January 29

I second that.I had the dvr all set to record it. It looked like an interesting story.

Yes, the story looked very intriguing and the movie features an early (maybe th first?) film appearance of Robert Walker Jr, the son of Robert Walker and Jennifer Jones.

Yes, the story looked very intriguing and the movie features an early (maybe th first?) film appearance of Robert Walker Jr, the son of Robert Walker and Jennifer Jones.

I couldn't place Robert Walker Jr. So I googled him and yes I can remember that he was a "hippie" in Easy Rider and he also was in See here, Private Hargrove. Correct?

I couldn't place Robert Walker Jr. So I googled him and yes I can remember that he was a "hippie" in Easy Rider and he also was in See here, Private Hargrove. Correct?

Robert Walker Jr  played the title character in ENSIGN PULVER, the sequel to MR ROBERTS.

He also appeared in Faye Dunaway's first feature film THE HAPPENING, which aired on TCM during Faye Dunaway's day during the most recent Summer Under The Stars.

36538.gif

I do like Rod Taylor and of course he does deserve a tribute, but I hope that TCM will re-schedule THE CEREMONY that is being bumped on January 29 for the tribute.  

TCM almost always re-schedules films that have been bumped for tributes. Usually within three or four month depending on how far out their schedule has been released. My guess will be April or May. Of course, if they already had another run scheduled, it might be sooner.

Robert Walker Jr also appeared on an episode of "Murder She Wrote" where he plays the returning convicted axe murderer brother of a woman who is getting married and, wouldn't you know- the groom ends up dead. I think the episode also features (ugh) Doris Roberts...

He's good on it, projects the same fragilility as his father, who he resembles quite a bit.

Never invite Jessica Fletcher over unless you have some body bags and Bon-Ami on hand.

TCM almost always re-schedules films that have been bumped for tributes. Usually within three or four month depending on how far out their schedule has been released. My guess will be April or May. Of course, if they already had another run scheduled, it might be sooner.

Thank you markfp2. If you notice when it comes out on the schedule again would you please let me know?

Robert Walker Jr also appeared on an episode of "Murder She Wrote" where he plays the returning convicted axe murderer brother of a woman who is getting married and, wouldn't you know- the groom ends up dead. I think the episode also features (ugh) Doris Roberts...

He's good on it, projects the same fragilility as his father, who he resembles quite a bit.

Never invite Jessica Fletcher over unless you have some body bags and Bon-Ami on hand.

Thank you, LornaHansonForbes. So I had to google Robert Walker Sr. and oh my gosh you are absolutely right. He looks so much like his father who I can now place as "Bruno" the stranger on the train. Right? At first glance I thought Robert Jr. resembled Jim Hutton.

I haven't seen Murder She Wrote in years. My Mom loved that show. Good one about the Bon Ami!

I had to google Robert Walker Sr. and oh my gosh you are absolutely right. He looks so much like his father who I can now place as "Bruno" the stranger on the train. Right?

Yes, the elder Robert Walker is probably best known for his role as the "stranger on the train" who tormented Farley Granger in the Alfred Hitchcock film.

The elder Walker was also good in THE CLOCK, which co-starred Judy Garland.

Clock%206.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

I'll say it again.  I appreciate TCM doing the tributes, but I think they should be scheduled after they can be listed in Now Playing guide.  This would probably mean 2-3 months maybe, but it would greatly diminish the cancellation of already scheduled programming.

Would also give them more time to get movies for the tributes.

Maybe they need to consider quarterly tribute day or days?  Example:  third quarter of year do tributes for people who died in first quarter and so on.

Robert Walker Jr also appeared on an episode of "Murder She Wrote" where he plays the returning convicted axe murderer brother of a woman who is getting married and, wouldn't you know- the groom ends up dead.

So they ripped off William Castle's Strait-Jacket. I hope Robert Walker Jr. didn't wear the dress Joan Crawford wore in that movie. :D

Mockingbird66": Good one about the Bon Ami"

Bon A m i (stupid f***ing autocorrect wont let me spell it right) is the freakin' best. NOTHING is better at getting rid of blood stains (don't ask me how I know that.)

You crack me up whenever I read that you are posting with your phone. I know exactly what your going through. I've been having to post on my phone as well. My computer cord has a short and can't seem to sign in on my tablet. I think my very first post I had to back and correct the word read. I had it as red. I was embarrassed because I'm not a bad speller. Just missed it. Oh well

As for the Bon Ami mum's the word.

You crack me up whenever I read that you are posting with your phone. I know exactly what your going through. I've been having to post on my phone as well. My computer cord has a short and can't seem to sign in on my tablet. I think my very first post I had to back and correct the word read. I had it as red. I was embarrassed because I'm not a bad speller. Just missed it. Oh well

As for the Bon Ami mum's the word.

Thanks, it is reassuring to know someone is amused because it is so sggrivating using my phone, but my computer is paralyzed by a virus and i cannot use it.

I did find out how to turn off the G.D. autocorrect though. They really worked hard to hide the way to do that.

Thank you markfp2. If you notice when it comes out on the schedule again would you please let me know?

Glad to help, but I'm afraid you'll have to watch the schedules for yourself. I'm lucky if I can keep track of all the movies I want to watch. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Mockingbird66": Good one about the Bon Ami"

Bon A m i (stupid f***ing autocorrect wont let me spell it right) is the freakin' best. NOTHING is better at getting rid of blood stains (don't ask me how I know that.)

You were.watching.THE GHOST.AND.MR. CHICKEN.....maybe?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Did anyone check out THE CEREMONY when finally aired on May 4?

I DVRed it to watch later.

I watched it and made a copy of it. It's slow going in spots-- not one of Harvey's best-- and as director, he seems to egg his remarkable cast on to scenery chewing (himself included). But some of the material is thought-provoking and the real-life Moroccan locations lend an air of authenticity.