2:15AM -- YOUNG CASSIDY (1965)

4:15AM -- THE GLASS BOTTOM BOAT (1966)

Alas, I love Rod!

glass_pose.jpg

And I also watched THE BIRDS yesterday so I feel kinda responsible :/

birds_playground.jpg

Always thought he was hot even before I knew about the Australian accent

eagles1.jpgglass_fishing.jpg

Although my favorite films of his are THE BIRDS, THE GLASS BOTTOM BOAT, and 36 HOURS...

00390829.jpg?partner=allmovie_soap

...he'll always be Pongo to me

Pongo!.jpg

RIP Rod :(

Here's the updated schedule for January 29:

8:00PM -- THE TIME MACHINE (1960)

10:00PM -- THE BIRDS (1963)

12:15AM -- SUNDAY IN NEW YORK (1963)

2:15AM -- YOUNG CASSIDY (1965)

4:15AM -- THE GLASS BOTTOM BOAT (1966)

all beaten to death tcm pet movies. me? I woulda been different and scheduled the western Chuka and the old ABC Movie of the Week family flight co-starring Dina Merrill.

if you truly wanna honor Rod Taylor exercise some originality and selectivity like I woulda done. :)

all beaten to death tcm pet movies. me? I woulda been different and scheduled the western Chuka and the old ABC Movie of the Week family flight co-starring Dina Merrill.

if you truly wanna honor Rod Taylor exercise some originality and selectivity like I woulda done. :)

You wouldn't be able to show any movies since you don't own the rights to shown any movies to the public.

Alas, I love Rod!

birds_playground.jpg

Always thought he was hot even before I knew about the Australian accent

...he'll always be Pongo to me

Pongo!.jpg

RIP Rod :(

I know what you mean about those Australians.  That country has produced so many gorgeous men, I don't know what is in the water down there... but keep up the good work Australia!

I didn't know he was the voice of Pongo!

RIP Rod.

• Like 1

No question that Rod's "heyday" was the 1960's. He was the lead, usually the hero, in movie after movie - many of them quite high profile. And yet he remained one of the most peculiarly un-idolized of male stars. After 'The Time Machine' and 'The Birds' he should have been huge - and he did keep getting those lead roles - but something unquantifiable just seemed to prevent him from clicking at the Sean Connery / Michael Caine level one might have expected.

The movie I most remember him in (my usher experience again) was this odd western called 'Chuka' (1967) where he plays a gunfighter trapped in a fort under siege by Indians. The movie has an over the top performance of John Mills as the fort commander and an even more over the top performance by Ernest Borgnine who appears to adore the commander (to put it mildly). It's almost a template for Borgnine's adoration of William Holden 2 years later in 'The Wild Bunch'. Boy, that Ernie can be a hoot to watch!

Anyway, once the 70's rolled around Rod Taylor found that television was the venue where he'd find work most of the time and his "heyday" was at an end. But, while it lasted, I found him to be a most agreeable actor to watch.

• Like 1

Actually Robert Morse, Miss Day's leading man in MGM's 1968, "Where Were You When the Lights Went Out?" is also alive and still working.

I highly recommend the Australian film, The Picture Show Man made in 1977.  Rod eases back into his own accent.  John Meillon is very good in this film.

• Like 1

Not sure if all you all wanted a separate thread, but thought they merited a mention:

Taylor Negron - never knew his name, never knew he was so multi-talented

Samuel Goldwyn, Jr.

http://deadline.com/2015/01/taylor-negron-dead-57-after-long-battle-with-cancer-1201346798/

Taylor Negron played the guy who delivered the pizza to Jeff Spicoli (Sean Penn) during Mr. Hand's history class in "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" (1982).

I was sad to hear about Mr. Taylor's death.  There was something

special about this actor.  Taylor was an actor of depth.

An actor who always brought intelligence, honesty, and heart to

his performances.