Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

LEGENDARY GOSPEL SINGER ANDRAE CROUCH PASSES AWAY AT 72

SableGamine

I was waiting for someone else to pick up on this, but no one has, so I suppose the responsibility must fall to me, which is fine ????. Gospel singer Andrae Crouch passed away on Jan. 8 from heart attack complications. He was instrumental in bridging the gap between gospel and secular music, while maintaining the former's messages, and worked with some of the biggest names in the music industry, both as a vocalist and an arranger. Chances are, if you heard a gospel choir on someone's album or film soundtrack after the late '70s, he probably had something to do with it.

At first, I hesitated posting this notice, because of my concern that some may say, "well, he wasn't an actor." However, given Mr. Crouch's renown across the world, his work in the entertainment industry, and the fact that he's one of the few gospel artists to have a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, I think that he is more than worthy of our notice. I know that he's had a major impact on me (his records have ALWAYS been in our house), and I was deeply saddened to hear of his passing. I'd like to think that others feel the same way too. Obituary is below.

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2015/01/08/us/ap-us-obit-andrae-crouch.html?_r=1

And in the case that you haven't heard of Andrae Crouch, I strongly encourage you to look him up.

• 1 month later...

You know, I don't know what makes me sadder; the fact that this hasn't picked up, or the fact that he wasn't even given a tribute at the Grammys, not that I expected thar much from the latter anyway, despite all the contributions he's made. Can the man get some love?

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings