Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Time Machine/The Birds Double Feature ... Again

sewhite2000

I'm not opposed to a Rod Taylor tribute night, but TCM just showed THE TIME MACHINE and THE BIRDS back-to-back in prime time on November 20. Now only nine weeks later, these two films are going to be shown back-to-back in prime time again, albeit in reverse order.

A number of years ago, the two films were shown back-to-back in prime time during 31 Days of Oscar in one of those years when every film featured a performer who had also been in the film just shown. Taylor was of course the linking actor between these two films.

Maybe those are the only two previous times this has ever happened, but I feel like I've seen these two particular films as a double feature combo in prime time many times on TCM. I wouldn't have minded if they had been shuffled off to the 2 am and 4 am slots this time around and two different Taylor movies had been scheduled for prime time.

I'm not opposed to a Rod Taylor tribute night, but TCM just showed THE TIME MACHINE and THE BIRDS back-to-back in prime time on November 20. Now only nine weeks later, these two films are going to be shown back-to-back in prime time again, albeit in reverse order.

A number of years ago, the two films were shown back-to-back in prime time during 31 Days of Oscar in one of those years when every film featured a performer who had also been in the film just shown. Taylor was of course the linking actor between these two films.

Maybe those are the only two previous times this has ever happened, but I feel like I've seen these two particular films as a double feature combo in prime time many times on TCM. I wouldn't have minded if they had been shuffled off to the 2 am and 4 am slots this time around and two different Taylor movies had been scheduled for prime time.

those two films are probably already on hand for tcm to show and they can hide behind Rod Taylor just kickin' off as the reason.

surely tcm never had it so good.

how often do they show the Rod Taylor western Chuka?

see the problem? they would have to get it first. :)

thats why we need to see THE MAN WHO HAD POWER OVER WOMEN.  Its Rod Taylor's swan song and the movie is great.  And he made it in England which makes it a foreign masterpiece.  TCM get with it.  you're becoming obsolete.

This is why I support what 'The Cid' mentioned and that is delaying ALL death tributes for around 6 months.   This allows TCM to lease films for that actor they don't already have under lease, doesn't change the existing schedule and gives the viewing public enough advance notice.  

Those folks that demand a tribute be done within a week or so (as a sign of respect),  can't complain that TCM shows the same movies they have recently showed   (well they can complain and they will, but it isn't a reasonable complaint). 

This is why I support what 'The Cid' mentioned and that is delaying ALL death tributes for around 6 months.   This allows TCM to lease films for that actor they don't already have under lease, doesn't change the existing schedule and gives the viewing public enough advance notice.  

Those folks that demand a tribute be done within a week or so (as a sign of respect),  can't complain that TCM shows the same movies they have recently showed   (well they can complain and they will, but it isn't a reasonable complaint). 

Agree, I have a copy of Darker Than Amber from a station that used to show it: ;)  It would be nice if you all could see it again.

DTA07_zpsc20a2033.jpg

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings