Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Henry Mancini: Classic Soundtrack Collection CD

NipkowDisc

hardly impressed I be. it's nuthin' but nine tracks of main title music. big deal. how about something rare like his score to The Great Imposter which is utterly charming even magical sounding or some music from the Jimmy Stewart-Maureen O'Hara family classic Mr. Hobbs Takes a Vacation?

Already have the latter but sure would like to see a release of The Great Imposter music.

I have an "All Time Greatest Hits" cd from 1988 with 15  title theme tracks including "The Great Imposter"  . It also has "Peter Gunn" , "The Pink Panther" , "Moon River" , other popular tunes. One of my favorites is the haunting  "Experiment In Terror" . I see this cd is easily available and super cheap.  A lot of different compilations of his hits out there, just what are you looking for?  The classic soundtrack package is new, around $60 bucks but  it has 18 albums of material. It appears that just about all of his material is out there in some package, you just have to do a little snooping to get what you want.

Film Score has a lot of movie/tv soundtracks (no Mancini though).  I have several of their CD's, all are excellent quality, a little pricey but I don't think you can find them easily in stores.  Buy them direct. Years ago I got ALL of the original Man From U.N.C.L.E.  music on 3 (2 cds per package) volumes plus The Girl From U.N.C.L.E. and special tv/movie tracks.  I love that stuff.

Film Score has a lot of movie/tv soundtracks (no Mancini though).  I have several of their CD's, all are excellent quality, a little pricey but I don't think you can find them easily in stores.  Buy them direct. Years ago I got ALL of the original Man From U.N.C.L.E.  music on 3 (2 cds per package) volumes plus The Girl From U.N.C.L.E. and special tv/movie tracks.  I love that stuff.

HEY! Did somebody just mention "The Girl from U.N.C.L.E." here???

Did I ever show you folks that picture of.....nah....don't worry, I won't post that again. LOL ;)

(...btw...a while back I was usin' Mancini's Peter Gunn theme as my cellphone ringtone...I always thought it was a pretty cool song...and evidently so did Springsteen, 'cause his "Pink Cadillac" sure sounds a lot like it, if ya ask me!)

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings