Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Drew Barrymore

gregory_w

Well she will no longer be on the channel after March so you'll be spared her "vocal fry" whatever that means.

She about 40 but sounds like 80% of young women thanks to her little girl voice and vocal characteristic of ending her sentences with a guttural intonation like Spears and Kardashian. Tends to destroy the credibility.  Listen to her say the word "essentials" on the promo.  

• Like 1

She about 40 but sounds like 80% of young women thanks to her little girl voice and vocal characteristic of ending her sentences with a guttural intonation like Spears and Kardashian. Tends to destroy the credibility.  Listen to her say the word "essentials" on the promo.  

I had never heard about this before reading it here, and danged if she (and many other annoying young adults) doesn't have it. But the funny part is that this thread now has a tag: Find more content tagged Her Vocal Fry.

Only in America! :D

Exactly. The way she says the last syllable makes me shout out, "Valley Girl"!. Moon Unit Zappa, where are you?

I said this in another thread, and I want to post it here too:

"I certainly wish Drew Barrymore well with her family and the rest of her career. I don't see the value in bashing her. But she was all wrong in my opinion on the Essentials. It was one of TCM's worst mistakes and they prolonged the error for three painful years."

I had never heard about this before reading it here, and danged if she (and many other annoying young adults) doesn't have it. But the funny part is that this thread now has a tag: Find more content tagged Her Vocal Fry.

Only in America! :D

There were what I assume were fans chosen for a spot on TCM today, voicing their undying gratitude to the station. They had a guy with a hat, another guy, and two females, one of whom I'm sure was employing the vocal fry method of speaking. Never noticed just how annoying it is before I knew there was a name for it. :huh:

You take whatever's left over?

I suppose so. I've never needed to compete for love. When there's been a connection - she's attracted to me, I'm attracted to her - things just kinda go the way they're supposed to go. Stuff is said, dances are danced, relationships happen.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings