Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ever Shown on TCM

lydecker

Begging the list's pardon, could anyone enlighten me as to whether (or not  --  I tend to think not) any of these films have ever appeared on TCM:

The Shawshank Redemption

You've Got Mail

American Gigolo

The Jackpot (1951)

Many thanks!

Lydecker

Are you sure you're not confusing it with "Sleepless in Seattle"? I looked at several Now Playing guides and didn't see a trace of "You've Got Mail."

I can't find You've Got Mail in any NP guides for 2014, and if you look in the entry for it in the TCM database, the only comment about it is from October of 2009, a month when it's also not listed in NP.  My guess is that it either played way long ago or not at all.  OTOH Sleepless in Seattle has played at least 3 or 4 times in the past year or two.

I can't find You've Got Mail in any NP guides for 2014, and if you look in the entry for it in the TCM database, the only comment about it is from October of 2009, a month when it's also not listed in NP.  My guess is that it either played way long ago or not at all.  OTOH Sleepless in Seattle has played at least 3 or 4 times in the past year or two.

I don't have any recollection of You've Got Mail ever playing on TCM which is why I asked.  I swear it hasn't but I would like to believe it has.  However, NP guides are not infallible since they are printed a month or 2 before the films actually air and, as we know, changes to the schedules happen all the time. If anybody else can shed some light on this, chime in.

Lydecker

I don't have any recollection of You've Got Mail ever playing on TCM which is why I asked.  I swear it hasn't but I would like to believe it has.  However, NP guides are not infallible since they are printed a month or 2 before the films actually air and, as we know, changes to the schedules happen all the time. If anybody else can shed some light on this, chime in.

Lydecker

I also didn't find any evidence of "The Shawshank Redemption" on TCM recently. Apparently, AMC has the rights, and seems to show the movie every few months or so.

Sure, I'll chime in. I remember seeing that title on the schedule once. I believe it was probably on one of those Friday nights when it was chosen by one of the special Friday Night hosts. I can't swear for sure it was on a Friday, but I believe it was.

Or maybe it was Oscar month.

I guess I remember it because it was so unusual to see such a recent movie on the schedule. I love it when movies made after the 60's happen on TCM.

Lydecker

If You've Got Mail had played at anytime other than during a World Series or NFL playoff game, at any point since late September of 2009, the chances are 99% I would've recorded it, since from that time to now I've recorded nearly 4000 features.  But in checking my database I don't see any record of it, which leads me to think that if it had ever shown, it would've been before then.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings