Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi Everyone,

I haven't posted here in a while but thought you might be interested to know that I have completed a lengthy book about F. W. Murnau's silent masterpiece, NOSFERATU: A SYMPHONY OF HORROR. It is now available through Amazon and other booksellers.

NOSFERATU was the second silent film I ever saw as a child (in a 30 minute condensation called THE TERROR OF DRACULA). It was also the first 8mm silent film I ever purchased. I have loved the film literally my entire life, have viewed it countless times, and I finally decided to write a book about it. It is heavily illustrated and a little over 300 pages long. It is a nice large size as well and contains many pieces about several aspects of the film.

Sincerely,

Roy A. Sites, M.L.A.

Here's peek at the cover:

post-19514-0-73421900-1421812059_thumb.jpg

post-19514-0-73421900-1421812059_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I just ordered a copy of your book.  Looking forward to getting it and enjoying it.  Thanks for making your post about the book's availability on TCM Forums.  I've seen both the original silent Nosferatu and the 1979 remake starring Klaus Kinski.  The silent original is best but the 1979 remake is very good as well.  I admire authors who can write well and put together fascinating retrospectives like you have done.

Hi Roverrocks,

I agree with your assessment about the 1979 Nosferatu. I prefer the subtitled German language version as opposed to the dubbed English language version. Kinski's version is an excellent adaption and expansion of the story. Many fascinating insights, somber and tragic in tone....

I would also recommend Shadow of the Vampire if you have not seen it. It is based on an old rumor about Max Schreck, the actor who played Nosferatu.. I won't give any spoilers for those who have not seen it. It is scary and funny. Willem Dafoe plays the Count to a tee. It is a loving homage to Murnau.

ps: I hope you enjoy the book....