Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

APRIL SCHEDULE IS UP

The most noteworthy movie for me is: French CanCan (1955) as TCM Import on night of April 12. It is a true treasure.

It is fun that they are continuing: Carry On series on Saturday mornings. There are several which I have not seen.

It is not my usual genre but I am interested in seeing: Batman serial on Saturday mornings.

I have not had opportunity to study schedule in-depth but it looks to be well-rounded with many good movies which I will want to watch.

The subject of the April, 2015 Friday Night Spotlight is A. Arnold Gillespie, who was the long-time head of the special effects department at MGM. To give you a sense of the length of the man's career, he worked on both the 1925 and 1959 versions of BEN-HUR and both the 1935 and 1962 versions of MUTINY ON THE BOUNTY. He won three Oscars, for his work on THIRTY SECONDS OVER TOKYO (1944), GREEN DOLPHIN STREET (1947), and BEN-HUR (1959)

I'm dying for 1930s - 40s Universals and Paramounts.

You know Prince, so am I. The more offbeat ones are now on DVD-R in the Universal Vault series, but as far as I can tell, Universal refuses to budge from their 20 dollar price point. Fox through Fox Connect and Warner Brothers through the Warner Archive have sales several times a year where you can get the offbeat classic films at 10 bucks or less apiece. As a result of Universal's policy, I've only bought two - "You Never Can Tell" and "If I Were King". If they would set their price point at 10 bucks I'd buy at least ten of them.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings