Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"Birdman" wins Producers Guild Award

jakeem

"Birdman," Alejandro González Iñárritu's tale of a onetime hot movie star seeking redemption as a stage actor, won the Producers Guild of America's highest film award Saturday night. Along with Richard Linklater's "Boyhood," it is considered a frontrunner for the Academy Award for Best Picture.

http://deadline.com/2015/01/producers-guild-awards-winners-2015-pga-award-winner-list-1201357307/

"Birdman," Alejandro González Iñárritu's tale of a onetime hot movie star seeking redemption as a stage actor, won the Producers Guild of America's highest film award Saturday night. Along with Richard Linklater's "Boyhood," it is considered a frontrunner for the Academy Award for Best Picture.

http://deadline.com/2015/01/producers-guild-awards-winners-2015-pga-award-winner-list-1201357307/

I thought it was a remake instead it's about a washed up actor that went cuckoo.

events.jpg

It's nice to see Michael Keaton get an award - finally. I've always enjoyed his film comedies and have been impressed with his dramatic skills as well.

Normally, I wouldn't give a new film such as this a second thought; catching it on some cable channel 10 years from now. Michael Keaton's role will prompt me to seek out the DVD sooner. I will not go to the theater.

BIRDMAN and ABOUT A BOY may be considered Oscar frontrunners, but there has been so much buzz about AMERICAN SNIPER, good and bad, as well as all the ads for AMERICAN SNIPER on TV, that it may well become the Oscar favorite.  Congrats to BIRDMAN, though.  I haven't seen it but I hear it's quite good as well as ABOUT A BOY.

BIRDMAN and ABOUT A BOY may be considered Oscar frontrunners, but there has been so much buzz about AMERICAN SNIPER, good and bad, as well as all the ads for AMERICAN SNIPER on TV, that it may well become the Oscar favorite.  Congrats to BIRDMAN, though.  I haven't seen it but I hear it's quite good as well as ABOUT A BOY.

give it to Clint! he's still in like Flint. :D

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings