Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is this really necessary?

NipkowDisc

a female Ghostbusters?

melissa mccarthy, kristen wiig, kate mckinnon and leslie jones.

what will be even more incredible then the brilliance of this idea will be the sheer surprise felt by those responsible for the idea by the box office the film won't get.

stupidity, thy home be hollywood. :)

a female Ghostbusters?

what will be even more incredible then the brilliance of this idea will be the sheer surprise felt by those responsible for the idea by the box office the film won't get.

They are to bust Poil. :P

caspers-haunted-christmas-2000-mp4v-ru.j

a female Ghostbusters?

“Nobody knows anything...Not one person in the entire motion picture field knows for a certainty what's going to work. Every time out it's a guess and, if you're lucky, an educated one.”

― William Goldman, "Adventures in the Screen Trade"

Its not the feminized angle that bothers me: it's that they chose such painfully unfunny women to fill the roles.

Seriously: Kristen Wiig is *the* worst.

Ps: seriously wish I could put the terms "painfully unfunny" and "the worst" in bold.

"Bridesmaids," the 2011 comedy co-starring Wiig and McCarthy, raked in $288 million worldwide, earned Wiig an Oscar nomination for Best Original Screenplay (shared with Annie Mumolo), and made Best Supporting Actress nominee McCarthy a bankable film star. As screenwriter William Goldman has said, nobody knows for sure what will work. But in this case, it might not be such a bad risk.

Or would you prefer the return of a fat Dan Aykroyd and a bored Bill Murray?

seriously, I know from watching movies and TV for almost 50 years now that hollywood today is in some kinda really bad shape but this...

a ghostbusters reboot with female leads is just plain asinine. it's dumb! just plain dumb. :angry:

not only does bill murray not hafta be bothered with doing another ghostbusters but he must be laughing good.

he might be saying "who's spudstorm is this? :lol:

"Bridesmaids," the 2011 comedy co-starring Wiig and McCarthy, raked in $288 million worldwide, earned Wiig an Oscar nomination for Best Original Screenplay (shared with Annie Mumolo), and made Best Supporting Actress nominee McCarthy a bankable film star. As screenwriter William Goldman has said, nobody knows for sure what will work. But in this case, it might not be such a bad risk.

my stance on digging up great hits of yesteryear is pretty much "leave them be" ever since "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull", but given the choice between the original cast and the new selections: yes, absolutely I would totally, wholeheartedly and unreservedly pick fat crazy Dan Aykroyd and bored Bill Murray over Kristen Wiig.

Kristen Wiig is the worst.

I can no longer embed video clips since I'm posting using my phone but she had this recurring character on SNL that was a mentally challenged young woman with withered arms. It was nothing more than making fun of disabled people and it was absolutely horrible.

everything I've ever seen her do was the broadest blandest most basic one note form of comedy imaginable

"Bridesmaids," the 2011 comedy co-starring Wiig and McCarthy, raked in $288 million worldwide, earned Wiig an Oscar nomination for Best Original Screenplay (shared with Annie Mumolo), and made Best Supporting Actress nominee McCarthy a bankable film star. As screenwriter William Goldman has said, nobody knows for sure what will work. But in this case, it might not be such a bad risk.

my stance on digging up great hits of yesteryear is pretty much "leave them be" ever since "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull", but given the choice between the original cast and the new selections: yes, absolutely I would totally, wholeheartedly and unreservedly pick fat crazy Dan Aykroyd and bored Bill Murray over Kristen Wiig.

Kristen Wiig is the worst.

I can no longer embed video clips since I'm posting using my phone but she had this recurring character on SNL that was a mentally challenged young woman with withered arms. It was nothing more than making fun of disabled people and it was absolutely horrible.

everything I've ever seen her do was the broadest blandest most basic one note form of comedy imaginable.

"Bridesmaids," the 2011 comedy co-starring Wiig and McCarthy, raked in $288 million worldwide, earned Wiig an Oscar nomination for Best Original Screenplay (shared with Annie Mumolo), and made Best Supporting Actress nominee McCarthy a bankable film star. As screenwriter William Goldman has said, nobody knows for sure what will work. But in this case, it might not be such a bad risk.

Why, SURE!  You could get ALL THREE back!

Aykroyd and Murray as the GHOSTBUSTERS, and RAMIS as the GHOST! :lol:

But seriously, since Wiig and McCarthy's BRIDESMAIDS was such a hit, and did so well at the box office, It might be safe to say THEIR version of "Ghostbusters" will at least return the investment, no matter HOW scathing the critics fry it.  Face it, movies being crappy NEVER kept droves of people from wasting good money to SEE them!

Sepiatone

Why, SURE!  You could get ALL THREE back!

Aykroyd and Murray as the GHOSTBUSTERS, and RAMIS as the GHOST! :lol:

But seriously, since Wiig and McCarthy's BRIDESMAIDS was such a hit, and did so well at the box office, It might be safe to say THEIR version of "Ghostbusters" will at least return the investment, no matter HOW scathing the critics fry it.  Face it, movies being crappy NEVER kept droves of people from wasting good money to SEE them!

Sepiatone

Bet the Ghostly Trio are laughing their rear end off.

1284_5.jpg

I am sorry to say that I find your statements confusing. 

You stated:

and when it flops and the ay-wholes responsible look stupid, I am going to find that very funny. :D

And you stated:

a ghostbusters reboot with female leads is just plain asinine. it's dumb! just plain dumb.

I believe that it is quite evident that: "dumb" and: "asinine" are key elements of box-office success now. It is intelligent and insightful movies which are likely to flop.

I believe that it is by this that you must chose whether it will be dumb or if it will flop. You can not have both if it does not star: Adam Sandler.

They would be ghostbusterettes.

no!!!....Ghostbustesses. :)

these recent snl babes are just not funny enough to pull it off.

I mean how many times are hollywood people gonna shove kristen wiig down our throats until somehow we all miraculously are gonna find her funny?

kristen wiig has never even been close to being in the same class with much funnier older snl ladies like the unforgettable Cheri Oteri.

no!!!....Ghostbustesses. :)

these recent snl babes are just not funny enough to pull it off.

I mean how many times are hollywood people gonna shove kristen wiig down our throats until somehow we all miraculously are gonna find her funny?

kristen wiig has never even been close to being in the same class with much funnier older snl ladies like the unforgettable Cheri Oteri.

I am sorry to say that I find your statements confusing. 

You stated:

And you stated:

I believe that it is quite evident that: "dumb" and: "asinine" are key elements of box-office success now. It is intelligent and insightful movies which are likely to flop.

I believe that it is by this that you must chose whether it will be dumb or if it will flop. You can not have both if it does not star: Adam Sandler.

if the reboot is gonna be dumb then it will flop. often dumb movies can be funny...but will not be funny is watching those four trying to outperform murray, ackroyd and ramis. murray didn't have to perform as being deadpan is 2nd nature to the man. which one of these four is capable of being deadpan murray-ish? wiig? :)

Great moments in Supporting Actress nominee history...

1940- Judith Anderson attempts to goad a despondent Joan Fontaine to suicide in Rebecca.

1945- Ann Rutherford spars with Joan Crawford in Mildred Pierce.

1955- A fragile Natalie Wood breaks down in James Dean's arms in Rebel Without a Cause

1962- Angela Lansbury reveals her true intentions to pawn Laurence Harvey in The Manchurian Candidate.

...and....

2013- Melissa McArthy p!sses in the sink in Bridesmaids.

(really hope they do a clip show on a par with this during this year's cemeonry to highlight what a sad, tawdry joke the whole affair has gotten to be.)

• Like 1

Actually, it's spelled "Wiig," but it's not like she's ever done anything to merit your spelling it right, so...carry on.

LOL. Whatever. I didnt want to waste any more time on her looking up the spelling........

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings