Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Why No Closed Captioning On Warner Archive DVDs? :-|

Greeneb2

Hi!

I generally enjoy the Warner Archive DVDs, but I'm wondering why there are no closed captioning/language options on these films. Also, these DVDs do not contain scene selection options. Whenever some of these movies are broadcast on TCM (for example, the 1937 classic Jeanette MacDonald/Nelson Eddy musical Maytime), they are indeed broadcast in closed captioning.

Thanks Everybody!  :) 

You shouldn't look for extra features of any kind with the Warners Archives discs. They are strictly bare bones.

Warners are producing these on demand films for as little cost as possible, and many of the titles involved we would never see otherwise, not even on TCM, in some cases. If I like the image of the film they are presenting, I am satisfied and have come to expect no more from them.

• 2 weeks later...

You shouldn't look for extra features of any kind with the Warners Archives discs. They are strictly bare bones.

Warners are producing these on demand films for as little cost as possible, and many of the titles involved we would never see otherwise, not even on TCM, in some cases. If I like the image of the film they are presenting, I am satisfied and have come to expect no more from them.

OK. Thanks For Your Response TomJH! :) 

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings