Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What happened to the "nicknames" Thread?

DownGoesFrazier

That is what he and many others do around here....

Change the original title of a thread hoping that more views will take place and or that they might be able to get additional comments.

It is a sad practice, mostly done by individuals who are often feeling sorry for themselves because what they write is not read or looked at. Because what they originally wrote may not be good enough to stand the test of time.

Hence the changed title of a thread.

Change the original title of a thread hoping that more views will take place and or that they might be able to get additional comments.

It is a sad practice, mostly done by individuals who are often feeling sorry for themselves because what they write is not read or looked at. Because what they originally wrote may not be good enough to stand the test of time.

I don't know how to change the title of a thread, and I don't want to know. Maybe if I started a thread, and found a typo in the title.

I am going to reply to the OP's comment just once. The name of that thread, as I have explained elsewhere, is Today's Topic. Each day the topic is updated. It has been that way for over six weeks since the thread began, so it is surprising that a regular poster, especially one who has been contributing to it frequently, has not realized that.

The thread title is being updated each day to stay current, not to increase thread views. I wanted current discussions and I wanted to experiment with the format a bit. Also, I had a long list of thread ideas and instead of cluttering up General Discussions with a hundred new threads, I could house all those ideas under one catch-all type thread.

So there is no need to slam or make disparaging remarks. You can still do a search on the previous days' topics, like Hollywood nicknames, and the website will still direct you back to those posts in the thread. No content has been removed. Only the thread title-- Today's Topic-- is updated each morning. If anyone doesn't like it, they do not have to read the thread or post on it. I do not criticize the OP's choice of thread titles or content. Let's stay friendly and move forward. Thanks.

LMREO!!!  So sad.............

The webmaster need to modify the site so the original thread title cannot be changed after the first reply.  Reading changes in the title causes confusion, don't know what its about if one don't keep track or someone reads it by the 3rd title change.

New topic? Make new thread.

We should give the nickname to ever changing thread "colors" a chameleon thread. :P

RTEmagicC_Cape_Dwarf_Chameleon.jpg.jpg

The webmaster need to modify the site so the original thread title cannot be changed after the first reply.  Reading changes in the title causes confusion, don't know what its about if one don't keep track or someone reads it by the 3rd title change.

New topic? Make new thread.

Although in this case member TopBilled chose to change the subject matter every few days or whenever the conversation petered out. Though I agree that another thread should be started instead of continuing on within one thread with multiple and separate conversations. His belief that there would be too many threads on this forum is silly. We have plenty of newer threads being created each day. An additional new thread about a different subject matter won't be a cause for alarm.

Heck, everyone else creates new threads each day.....

Although in this case member TopBilled chose to change the subject matter every few days or whenever the conversation petered out. Though I agree that another thread should be started instead of continuing on within one thread with multiple and separate conversations. His belief that there would be too many threads on this forum is silly. We have plenty of newer threads being created each day. An additional new thread about a different subject matter won't be a cause for alarm.

Some people have too much time on their hands (LOL).......

Most threads when reach page 5 begins the road to been forgotten.  We need the Search (which stinks to high heaven) be updated to find past threads but be modified so they can't be replied to if over a year old - the moderator don't want us to reply to ancient post.

I am going to reply to the OP's comment just once. The name of that thread, as I have explained elsewhere, is Today's Topic. Each day the topic is updated. It has been that way for over six weeks since the thread began, so it is surprising that a regular poster, especially one who has been contributing to it frequently, has not realized that.

The thread title is being updated each day to stay current, not to increase thread views. I wanted current discussions and I wanted to experiment with the format a bit. Also, I had a long list of thread ideas and instead of cluttering up General Discussions with a hundred new threads, I could house all those ideas under one catch-all type thread.

So there is no need to slam or make disparaging remarks. You can still do a search on the previous days' topics, like Hollywood nicknames, and the website will still direct you back to those posts in the thread. No content has been removed. Only the thread title-- Today's Topic-- is updated each morning. If anyone doesn't like it, they do not have to read the thread or post on it. I do not criticize the OP's choice of thread titles or content. Let's stay friendly and move forward. Thanks.

Suppose you realize your wildest dreams and one of "today's topics" really catches on and you get thread views and posts up the kazoo(or, out the wazoo, or, up the ying-yang). Would you still yank that thread title for a new one the next day?