Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Geraldine McEwan 1932-2015

Swithin

The great British actress Geraldine McEwan has died in London. I had the pleasure of seeing her on stage, as Mrs. Malaprop in The Rivals; and as Lady Wishfort in The Way of the World; and in The Chairs. I also saw a production of As You Like It, which she directed, featuring Kenneth Branagh as Touchstone.

Ms. McEwan was an amazing talent. She is known to television viewers for a relatively recent Miss Marple series; and more famously as the incomparable Lucia in the "Mapp and Lucia" series. She appeared in many movies, notably as the evil Sister Bridget in The Magdalene Sisters.

http://www.theguardian.com/stage/2015/jan/31/geraldine-mcewan

As Lucia would say, "Au Reservoir, Geraldine!"

12588_10.JPG

As Lucia in "Mapp and Lucia"

Miss-Marple-miss-marple-23639638-800-546As Miss Marple

• Like 3

The great British actress Geraldine McEwan has died in London. I had the pleasure of seeing her on stage, as Mrs. Malaprop in The Rivals; and as Lady Wishfort in The Way of the World; and in The Chairs. I also saw a production of As You Like It, which she directed, featuring Kenneth Branagh as Touchstone.

I have to confess I wasn't aware of the extent of her stage work, and as a director too, which is marvelous. I agree with TheGayDivorcee. I was also frantic with worry that nobody could embody Lucia, but she was everything I could have wanted and more, as were all the actors. It was television perfection. Thanks for the fond "Au Resevoir".

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings