Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm disappointed that THIS never crossed my mind...

Sepiatone

A comic that appears in The Detroit Free Press, NON SEQUITUR, by WILEY MILLER, had one yesterday with a POV that SHOULD have come to my mind YEARS ago, as outlandish in thought I can sometimes be...

Two people are looking at a street vendor whose little food cart has a sign on it informing would be customers that he sells SAUSAGE.  Next to his cart was a sign that wishes all to have---a "Happy Ground Hog Day"!  Notice?  it was "Ground Hog", and NOT "Groundhog"

I joked about this all day!  I told my wife I regretted NOT having any pork sausage for breakfast in order to properly elebrate "ground HOG day!"

I even brought it up while we were eating KEILBASA for dinner!

Wonder why I never THOUGHT of that angle before?  DANG!  LOL!!

Sepiatone

A comic that appears in The Detroit Free Press, NON SEQUITUR, by WILEY MILLER, had one yesterday with a POV that SHOULD have come to my mind YEARS ago, as outlandish in thought I can sometimes be...

Two people are looking at a street vendor whose little food cart has a sign on it informing would be customers that he sells SAUSAGE.  Next to his cart was a sign that wishes all to have---a "Happy Ground Hog Day"!  Notice?  it was "Ground Hog", and NOT "Groundhog"

I joked about this all day!  I told my wife I regretted NOT having any pork sausage for breakfast in order to properly elebrate "ground HOG day!"

I even brought it up while we were eating KEILBASA for dinner!

Wonder why I never THOUGHT of that angle before?  DANG!  LOL!!

Sepiatone

Dinner's ready! Come and get it!

SuperStock_1555R-319575.jpg

http://www.grilling24x7.com/barbacoa.shtml

Punxsutawney Special

barbacoa2.jpg

By a somewhat similar token, inasmuch as "redefining" certain things, ---

There's a chain of restaraunts around here( and maybe where YOU are, too...I don't know) that went by( I say "went" because there seems to be less andless of them!) the name of---

"OLD COUNTRY BUFFET".  The ones around MY neck 'o the woods are all now called " ALL AMERICAN BUFFET".

I imagine the "country" in "Old Country Buffet" referred to the "hominess" they tried to instill in both the name and decore and trays full of what we call "comfort food".  But, I couldn't help myself.  I told a girl who was the girl who went around picking up used dishes that I'd half expected to find bins full of POLISH food.  When she asked my WHY?---I answered:

"Well, when I was a kid, and all the OLD folks in the family sat around talking about "The OLD COUNTRY", the "OLD COUNTRY" they were TALKING about, was POLAND!"  So, when I saw the NAME of this place was---"OLD COUNTRY BUFFET", I just assumed!....." :lol:

Yeah....just ask my WIFE----life with me isn't all that EASY!

Sepiatone

• Like 1