Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trivia -- Week of August 22, 2005

coffeedan1927

Good morning, everybody! I'm ailing, but happy. The doctor says my ankle is healing faster than he thought, and it may be only two or three weeks more before I'm completely healed. Can't come soon enough for me -- in this weather, the wrappings make me sweaty, but I'm willing to bear a little more discomfort if it make me heal faster.

With vacation time coming up, that should speed things. I'll be leaving for my hometown of Lorain, Ohio (just 25 miles west of Cleveland) after I post Thursday's question, so Mongo will be taking over for me on Friday, plus next Monday and Tuesday. I'll be back in my usual trivia berth on Wednesday, August 31.

But for now, on to this week's movie trivia . . .

Couldn't resist this one. The lovely Mae West in I'm No Angel. I believe Boogie inspired West to come up with her classic line, "Beulah, peel me a grape" because the monkey peeled his grapes before eating them. West's demand of Beulah, considering the line's origin, might not exactly be PC but it's still a darn funny line in a darn funny movie.