Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

CHITTY CHITTY BANG BANG in black and white?

HoldenIsHere

This information is from the entry for CHITTY CHITTY BANG BANG from the February 8 schedule:

9:45 AM
B/W
145 min
TV-G
musical

An eccentric inventor uses his flying car to free a kingdom of children from oppression.

Dir: Ken Hughes Cast: Dick Van Dyke , Sally Ann Howes , Lionel Jeffries .

I tuned in today around the time of the "Chu-Chi Face" song an continued watching through the "Doll On A Music Box" song. The movie was in color just as I remembered from other viewings. 

I wonder what's up with the information on the schedule . . . 

Of course it was a mistqke.  The movie was always in color, in fact, very good Technicolor.

If you stayed for the music box song (the best song in the movie), you might as well have hung aroung long enough to see the child-catcher (Robert Helpmann) get caught himself, when the children invade the castle and take back Vulgaria.

This information is from the entry for CHITTY CHITTY BANG BANG from the February 8 schedule:

9:45 AM
B/W

145 min

TV-G

musical

An eccentric inventor uses his flying car to free a kingdom of children from oppression.

Dir: Ken Hughes Cast: Dick Van Dyke , Sally Ann Howes , Lionel Jeffries .

I tuned in today around the time of the "Chu-Chi Face" song an continued watching through the "Doll On A Music Box" song. The movie was in color just as I remembered from other viewings. 

I wonder what's up with the information on the schedule . . . 

Maybe it's for the British viewers (TCM2 - UK).

UK-still-has-13000-black-and-white-TVs.j