Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trying to figure out a movie

allthingsvintage

My mom and I watched a classic movie several years ago and we don't know remember anything about it except a scene which we laugh about all the time.  The movie was not a comedy but rather might have been mystery/horror.  The scene had a man Igor type which appeared and disappeared around corners and a strange "do do do" sound accompanied his presence.  That's the only part we can remember because we found it hilarious.  Anytime something eerie or strange happens, we make the "do do do" sound and Igor face.  Its really an inside joke.  But if anyone has any remotely idea what they make think this movie is, please help a girl out!

A more thorough description of that "hilarious" scene might help.  Plus, it's kinda hard to figure out what "do-do-do" is supposed to be.  YOU said it was a "sound".  Did you mean "musical" sound?

It first hand sounds a bit likeY OUNG FRANKENSTEIN, which WAS a comedy, plus confusion sets in due to the fact that several OLD "suspense/horror" movies, in their ATTEMPT at being serious, wind up due to poor writing and/or acting, being hilarious!

And, WELCOME to the boards!  :)

Sepiatone

A more thorough description of that "hilarious" scene might help.  Plus, it's kinda hard to figure out what "do-do-do" is supposed to be.  YOU said it was a "sound".  Did you mean "musical" sound?

It first hand sounds a bit likeY OUNG FRANKENSTEIN, which WAS a comedy, plus confusion sets in due to the fact that several OLD "suspense/horror" movies, in their ATTEMPT at being serious, wind up due to poor writing and/or acting, being hilarious!

And, WELCOME to the boards!  :)

Sepiatone

Could also be Son of Frankenstein.    Often when Lugosi as Ygor comes into the room odd music is played.    In Young Frankenstein these scenes were mocked by Leachman playing the violin.

Thanks for responding.  Those sounds I was referring to were musical and high pitched.  I agree that some movies do unintentionally come across as funny.  At least they do to me.  I wish I could give more of a description of what I'm thinking of.  I just remember an Igor character saying something and exiting and entering slowly while eerie music plays.  I looked up both Young Frankenstein and Son of Frankenstein and I will try to find a way to watch them.  Thank you again for your suggestions! :)

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings