Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Who is this actor?

For the technically challenged like myself, could you or someone else explain exactly, step-by-step, how to do this. Is it actually possible to upload a pix off your computer hard drive onto Google Images? Or am I misinterpreting these comments?

1. Go to Google Images:

https://www.google.com/img

2. Click on camera icon near right hand bottom corner

3. Click on "Upload Image"

• Like 1

For the technically challenged like myself, could you or someone else explain exactly, step-by-step, how to do this. Is it actually possible to upload a pix off your computer hard drive onto Google Images? Or am I misinterpreting these comments?

RichardKimble just gave the step by step instructions below, complete with link. You can also manually put the image into the search box by clicking on it, holding it, and dragging it into the search box. I hope this helps.

John Hodiak?  I came across this last night but got sidetracked and forgot to submit a post.  He doesn't look quite like our mystery man, but here he seems to bear a bit of resemblance to Lew Ayers, or maybe even Richard Carlson.

muZPW7w9dYSipx8onEyrr-Q.jpg

I am virtually 100% certain that this is John Hodiak.

Our mystery man: [nevermind..lol]

Edit: So far this forum won't allow me to drag and drop a JPG photo off my HDD (file format not allowed??), and if I use the selector at the bottom it only posts a thumbnail pic.  Nice... :huh:

Are you talking about thumbnails on this thread? If I click on a posted thumbnail, the photo enlarges automatically.

Our mystery man: [nevermind..lol]

Edit: So far this forum won't allow me to drag and drop a JPG photo off my HDD (file format not allowed??), and if I use the selector at the bottom it only posts a thumbnail pic.  Nice... :huh:

Are you talking about thumbnails on this thread? If I click on a posted thumbnail, the photo enlarges automatically.

I believe it's the old "can't post a pic directly from HDD" thing - again.

That's because your HDD photo (probably) doesn't have a URL assigned to it, as do the images from your browser's search results (e.g. Google Images, etc..) - which can be dragged and dropped.. because they do have a URL. Some webpages will allow your HDD photos to be copy/pasted or dragged/dropped, but not this website (TCM.com).

To post one of your photos here, you must first upload it to a photo hosting site such as TinyPic.com. This assigns it a URL. You then copy that photo's URL and paste it here using the image tool in the editor.

It's wayyyy easier to do than the above instructions make it sound. Pretty soon, you'll be uploading and posting images faster than a speeding bullet; quicker than a locomotive; taller..

:)

I believe it's the old "can't post a pic directly from HDD" thing - again.

That's because your HDD photo (probably) doesn't have a URL assigned to it, as do the images from your browser's search results (e.g. Google Images, etc..) - which can be dragged and dropped.. because they do have a URL. Some webpages will allow your HDD photos to be copy/pasted or dragged/dropped, but not this website (TCM.com).

To post one of your photos here, you must first upload it to a photo hosting site such as TinyPic.com. This assigns it a URL. You then copy that photo's URL and paste it here using the image tool in the editor.

It's wayyyy easier to do than the above instructions make it sound. Pretty soon, you'll be uploading and posting images faster than a speeding bullet; quicker than a locomotive; taller..

:)

Thanks for that.  It is definitely more involved as far as forums usually go.  Having said that, there probably isn't a good way to upload lists here, is there?  I have some that I have been working on, that can export to HTML files.

Thanks for that.  It is definitely more involved as far as forums usually go.  Having said that, there probably isn't a good way to upload lists here, is there?  I have some that I have been working on, that can export to HTML files.

Are these .txt files?

Well, this is hilarious ... I used Richard Kimble's instructions and got such dead ringers as Jay North, Anthony Quinn, Rudolph Valentino, Paul Lukas, Dennis O'Keefe, Dudley Digges ... I hope the FBI forensics unit uses a better search engine.

Essentially, yes.  They will be HTML tables, which are essentially just text files.  No images. I could also provide tab-delimited .txt files upon request.

One way is to insert the code into this website, which is not possible for us to do. I recently inquired about inserting flashplayer code and was told it was not possible with our text editor.

You can copy/paste the table here, and it will appear correctly when you paste, but the final post does not render correctly - you get the data without the table format. A mess.

I would render the table(s), save them as images which can be uploaded to a photo host site to obtain URLs, then post them here as images. The text renders blurry (see my example in the test thread). It's almost not worth it.

You can practice with it over here in this thread:

One way is to insert the code into this website, which is not possible for us to do. I recently inquired about inserting flashplayer code and was told it was not possible with our text editor.

You can copy/paste the table here, and it will appear correctly when you paste, but the final post does not render correctly - you get the data without the table format. A mess.

I would render the table(s), save them as images which can be uploaded to a photo host site to obtain URLs, then post them here as images. The text renders blurry (see my example in the test thread). It's almost not worth it.

You can practice with it over here in this thread:

Thanks for the suggestions.  I think that when I am ready, I might just host them on a website I already have and then post links to it over here.  More later...