Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Lady & the Mob

Janet0312

I don't know if any of you have seen this little gem. It was on Saturday morning on getTV. It's a Columbia film. Fay Bainter plays an old lady out to foil the racketeers in her city. Harold Huber plays Louie the Lug. The little old lady has him kidnapped and threatens him with castor oil to get him to name the big boss. Wicked funny scene. "NO, no! Not that! Please, not that! I'll talk. I'll talk!"

It's on getTV again Monday 2/16 at 7:40 A.M. & Thursday at 5:50 P.M.

And Ida Lupino is in it, too. It's a modestly budgeted little programmer from Columbia made in the late 30s. I recorded it the last time it aired on TCM. Bainter is definitely having a field day with her role. The ending is pretty funny!

I saw Lady and the Mob last week as part of Get-TV's Ida Lupino night.    They also showed Lone Wolf Spy Hunt, also a Columbia film staring Warren William,  Lupino and a young Rita Hayworth.   

Bainter is really having fun in Lady and the Mob.     Unique role for her since I'm used to her in Warner dramas.   So it was great to see her doing something silly and fun.

• Like 1

I saw Lady and the Mob last week as part of Get-TV's Ida Lupino night.    They also showed Lone Wolf Spy Hunt, also a Columbia film staring Warren William,  Lupino and a young Rita Hayworth.   

Bainter is really having fun in Lady and the Mob.     Unique role for her since I'm used to her in Warner dramas.   So it was great to see her doing something silly and fun.

Around the same time, Ida also made LADIES IN RETIREMENT for Columbia. Did they show that one, too? 

Eight years later, Ida and Fay worked together again in Warners' DEEP VALLEY as mother and daughter.