Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sunset Boulevard

newclassicfilmfan1

It is hilarious, Holden.  Majordomos of the world unite!  Ah, the days  before employees had to sign all those pesky forms muzzling them from speaking about their celebrity employers.   

I like Marlo Thomas but still think the book will be fun.

thatgirl.JPG

Plastic surgery aside, I find it difficult to tell it's the same person.

Wow,.Marlo Thomas looks uncannily like the way Lucia Mendez does now, the Mexican telenovela star/singer, who no longer looks like her beautiful former self, with all the plastic surgery SHE has had.

Oh that's fine, just leave me out. No hurt feelings. At all.

(Am I really such a ****?)

(Don't answer that.)

Lol. 

For some reason, I thought you'd already read the book.  Even if you have, you can be in the club.  You're just ahead of the rest of the group on your homework.  Wait for us to catch up!

Lol.  Of course! All is welcome in the That Girl and Phil book club.  Eat your heart out Oprah!

Be careful, she might take that literally.

(Wouldn't it just be THE BEST if a Major Domo or second assistant of Oprah found some legal loophole in his/her confidentiality agreement that allowed them to write a similar tell-all?)

PAGE 57: "the first time I was exposed to Oprah's full wrath was a week after my employment began. Stedman's water dish in his cage was empty, so I changed it....not realizing of course that he was being punished for insubordination (he was caught stealing a Hostess Cupcake from the pantry.) Before I knew what was happening, I was called to the mat in the south room of the Connecticut estate, being assaulted with a barrage of obscenities that would make a Jersey Teamster wince...."

Lol. 

For some reason, I thought you'd already read the book.  Even if you have, you can be in the club.  You're just ahead of the rest of the group on your homework.  Wait for us to catch up!

I haven't, but I did go deep down the rabbit hole, reading three pages worth of customer reviews on amazon.com. One purports to be from Marlo's brother, swearing all the details are true. Another details a Thanksgiving incident wherein the wrong fork was used to serve and the Turkey ended up on the floor.

Wow,.Marlo Thomas looks uncannily like the way Lucia Mendez does now, the Mexican telenovela star/singer, who no longer looks like her beautiful former self, with all the plastic surgery SHE has had.

Thalia has held up well. She is 44 years old now and still beautiful.

thalia-walk-of-fame-27.jpg

• Like 1

Ca

Kind of also looks like Caitlyn Jenner.

Well actually Arturo, the minute I first saw the TV news show Caitlyn Jenner on the cover of Vanity Fair, I immediately saw a resemblance to Priscilla Presley.

(...and another one with more than just a little passing familiarity and interest in plastic surgery, as I think we know) 

• Like 1

Oh that's fine, just leave me out. No hurt feelings. At all.

(Am I really such a ****?)

(Don't answer that.)

LMREO!!!! Let's just say I always want you on my side...........:D

• Like 1

Thalia has held up well. She is 44 years old now and still beautiful.

WAIT! "44 years old and still beautiful", ya say???

Dude! In TODAY'S world 44 freakin' years old is still a freakin' KID, and so they SHOULD "still be beautiful"!!!

I mean, this isn't years ago when people lived "hard lives" and thus aged much more quickly than they do today, ya know.

(...guess Freddy here hasn't heard the saying, "50 is the new 40", huh?!...and which IS true for people who take at least modicum care of themselves...and I AIN'T just talkin' about "The Rich and Famous" here!!!)

• Like 1

Since you seem to be down with Telemundo, I am curious: is that weird psychic man/lady in the muu muu still alive? I can't remember his/her name, but he/she was one of my favorites back when I had regular access to the network.

Since you seem to be down with Telemundo, I am curious: is that weird psychic man/lady in the muu muu still alive? I can't remember his/her name, but he/she was one of my favorites back when I had regular access to the network.

Yeah, well, In MY case anyway, I DO have to admit that sometimes while I'm scrolling up and down on my remote control's channel buttons, AND even though I pretty much have NO idea what they're sayin' when I land on it, I'll stop and watch them there Mexican novelas for a few minutes JUST to scope out all those hot lookin' ladies on 'em!

(...oooh-WEE, are some of 'em gorgeous or WHAT?!!!)

Yeah, well, In MY case anyway, I DO have to admit that sometimes while I'm scrolling up and down on my remote control's channel buttons, AND even though I pretty much have NO idea what they're sayin' when I land on it, I'll stop and watch them there Mexican novelas for a few minutes JUST to scope out all those hot lookin' ladies on 'em!

(...oooh-WEE, are some of 'em gorgeous or WHAT?!!!)

Absolutely, most of them are gorgeous, but some of them are definitely of the "or WHAT?!" variety- I think it's standard for Telenovelas to be comprised of about 96% smokin' hot  men and women, with a token lady or two playing the Abuelita roles who look kind of like Ernest Borgnine dressing up as Cher. (I guess it speaks to some sort of demographic.)

Either way, Telemundo is THE best bet for pure entertainment on a slow weekend afternoon (language barrier be damned.)

Absolutely, most of them are gorgeous, but some of them are definitely of the "or WHAT?!" variety- I think it's standard for Telenovelas to be comprised of about 96% smokin' hot  men and women, with a token lady or two playing the Abuelita roles who look kind of like Ernest Borgnine dressing up as Cher. (I guess it speaks to some sort of demographic.)

Either way, Telemundo is THE best bet for pure entertainment on a slow weekend afternoon (language barrier be damned.)

Do you ever watch "Modern Family", Lorna? The reason I ask is because last season(I think it was) there was an episode where Mitch and Cam go south of the border in hopes of adopting another kid, and they get involved in a little "novela" kind'a thing themselves.

(...MAN that was funny and such a great parody of those programs!!!)

WAIT! "44 years old and still beautiful", ya say???

Dude! In TODAY'S world 44 freakin' years old is still a freakin' KID, and so they SHOULD "still be beautiful"!!!

I mean, this isn't years ago when people lived "hard lives" and thus aged much more quickly than they do today, ya know.

(...guess Freddy here hasn't heard the saying, "50 is the new 40", huh?!...and which IS true for people who take at least modicum care of themselves...and I AIN'T just talkin' about "The Rich and Famous" here!!!)

I am 66, and have not yet reached my peak.

Do you ever watch "Modern Family", Lorna? The reason I ask is because last season(I think it was) there was an episode where Mitch and Cam go south of the border in hopes of adopting another kid, and they get involved in a little "novela" kind'a thing themselves.

(...MAN that was funny and such a great parody of those programs!!!)

I have heard good things about MODERN FAMILY from friends, and read negative things about it online, but I have never seen an episode.I'm going to casually throw out the fact that I dated someone in the industry back in LA who had nothing but really horrible things to say about Ed Oneill, I think that has something to do with it.

telenovelas are themselves the best parody of telenovelas.

Lucero is 46.....

lucero-_140545816340___630x473.jpg

Fred, thanks for the pictures of Lucero and Thalia (I had mentioned her in the Brush with Greatness thread). Since I can't seem to post pics, can you find before and after pics of Lucia Mendez,.say, from her 1980s heyday, and post-plastic surgery, and post them here. Thanks.

I am 66, and have not yet reached my peak.

So then, right now you're just "resting at the base camp" before you make your "final ascent" then, right?!

(...don't forget your oxygen bottle...I hear even those who do all those spin classes need that stuff once they get to a certain altitude)

Fred, thanks for the pictures of Lucero and Thalia (I had mentioned her in the Brush with Greatness thread). Since I can't seem to post pics, can you find before and after pics of Lucia Mendez,.say, from her 1980s heyday, and post-plastic surgery, and post them here. Thanks.

Lucia Mendez

310889.jpg

Luc%C3%ADa-Mendez-con-su-perro-facebook1

I am assuming that Stedman refers to a dog named after O's long time boyfriend

and not the boyfriend himself. I don't keep up with Oprah much, but I've always

figured Stedman would never marry her. He was too smart to do that. Wait, O

had Hostess Cupcakes in the house? No wayyy.

no, actually I really meant Stedman Stedman.

I'm awful I know, but sue me, I like to make fun of okra.

the auto text on my phone just totally heard Oprah as "okra."

Hahahaha.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings