Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Something is messed up either with this forum or my browser

sewhite2000

Every time I post a new topic or reply to a topic, the Website completely freezes, and I can no longer manipulate it in any way. I have to just close out that window and open a new one. This has been going on for about 48 hours now. Not happening with anything else I do on my laptop, just on this Website. Anyone else having this problem?

All right, I'm about to post this and watch this Website freeze up again ....

This is becoming recurring problem. I have heard several theories as to why it is so. All indications are that server is likely not adequate.

You might try using a proxy server. These servers are closer to Internet backbone and so have less time lag and they accommodate longer response times. 

The proxy which I like to use is:

http://www.filterbypass.me/index.php

You must copy url of page you wish to view and then paste it into box on proxy's site. You need do that only once as proxy will be active on all pages to which you navigate from original page.

A downside of this is that it is difficult to log-on to make comments because of poor formatting of this site's pages. They do not follow current html standard and so several icons overlap.

I have found that if I am trying to reply to a thread and click that button (at the top) to post.. it will time me out every time. But if I scroll down to the bottom and get the box that says "reply to this topic" and do it from there.. it works. I have no idea why. 

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings