Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

We have some cats on the grounds that we care for and play with when they want to.  A few weeks ago a brown & buff rooster showed up and quickly made himself at home.  I suspect he was escaping being Sunday dinner.  They all seem to "live and let live."  

There are still some Hispanic people living in the area so we see and hear chickens all the time.  I'd rather be awakened by them than an alarm clock any day.  

Z7J6YIO.gif

Now HERE we have a prime example of the basketball offensive play known as the...ahem...

"Alley(cat)-Oop Shot".

Of course it's always incumbent upon the receiver of the pass to never make contract with the ball once the passer's pass is above the cylindrical plane of the hoop or else the goal will be ruled invalid by the officiating crew and thus no points will be rewarded to the offensive team.

(...yeah, yeah, I know...I should have just finished with that whole "Alley(cat)-Oop Shot" thing and left it at that, huh)

;)

Now HERE we have a prime example of the basketball offensive play known as the...ahem...

"Alley(cat)-Oop Shot".

Of course it's always incumbent upon the receiver of the pass to never make contract with the ball once the passer's pass is above the cylindrical plane of the hoop or else the goal will be ruled invalid by the officiating crew and thus no points will be rewarded to the offensive team.

(...yeah, yeah, I know...I should have just finished with that whole "Alley(cat)-Oop Shot" thing and left it at that, huh)

;)

I hear officials of the NFBA (National Feline Basketball Association) have the Oop Shot under review to determine its legality. It doesn't look good.

(...I had a spoofy post to do but you stole my thunder. But yours is better. I was going to call it the Backstop Behind Slam Dunk but it's more an alley oop than a slam dunk, so you're on target. Too bad they don't have this shot in the NFL. Brady would love it. OopGate.)

• Like 1

This has got to be one of the craziest movie songs ever. The Ritz Brothers singing "Here  Puss y P ussy" from The Goldwyn Follies. Wait for that P ussy cat onslaught at the end of the (edited) song!

• Like 1

eqGVgl6.gif

Most spiritual advisers exhort everyone to live in the now, to be absolutely present, allow everything to be and don't judge. This cat seems a good example. The rooster usurps the food and the cat after a brief struggle gives ground. Look how the cat immediately accepts the situation. It doesn't look like it wants revenge. It seems to be at peace. Of course, the cat is acting in accordance with its created nature and like other animals does not (presumably) seem to have consciousness that would permit the sort of things human beings do with their "advanced" mode of thinking. But I think the perception is nice; for those who can buy it, the cat can be a teacher.

• Like 2

Most spiritual advisers exhort everyone to live in the now, to be absolutely present, allow everything to be and don't judge. This cat seems a good example. The rooster usurps the food and the cat after a brief struggle gives ground. Look how the cat immediately accepts the situation. It doesn't look like it wants revenge. It seems to be at peace. Of course, the cat is acting in accordance with its created nature and like other animals does not (presumably) seem to have consciousness that would permit the sort of things human beings do with their "advanced" mode of thinking. But I think the perception is nice; for those who can buy it, the cat can be a teacher.

I'm not so sure the cat's behavior relates to what you said.  To me there is a much simpler reason;  the cat has been declawed and since it can't really defend its food it gives up.     if the cat had claws those blows to the rooster would have had a greater impact and either the rooster would have given up or there would have been a big fight.   

• Like 1

Well, sure laffite, I suppose there's always THAT explanation for that cat's ultimate decision to share what he had there, and if ya wanna spin this whole thing in some kind'a "spiritual" way.

BUT, I hope you know there COULD be an alternate explanation here!

Yep, perhaps cats might actually be included by nature to be dirty COMMIES, and exhibited by THIS one here apparently purrrrusing Mao's Little Red Book!....

hollandcica.jpg

;)

• Like 1

I'm not so sure the cat's behavior relates to what you said.  To me there is a much simpler reason;  the cat has been declawed and since it can't really defend its food it gives up.     if the cat had claws those blows to the rooster would have had a greater impact and either the rooster would have given up or there would have been a big fight.   

Studies show that de-clawed cats are on average more aggressive (18% more likely says one) that non de-clawed cats. They bite more, for instance, out of the need to compensate. Another study says they do not necessarily fare that badly in fights with normal cats, that they don't suffer more injuries (which I found surprising). Most de-clawed cats still have their hind claws and can fight with those, as well as bite. So I don't think it can be said with any degree of certainty that the rooster cat gave up. In all fairness, I didn't get a feel (I did a cursory search) that there was anything conclusive either way. I didn't read this but I would conclude that the behavior of de-clawed cats boils quite a bit to the individual cat. There are so many possible complications to the procedure and there are a wide variety of outcomes on what kind of problems (if any) that a cat would experience that would affect behavior. I came away not feeling too good about the idea of de-clawing.

I feel that the cat and the rooster "know" each other, they are "household mates" (a country abode or a ranch, e.g) and have had similar little scrapes before. If the cat is de-clawed---and maybe it's not; after all, that little dance they did took place out of doors, not a good place for a de-clawed cat---it might explain why those little swipes do seem to be somewhat of the playful variety (albeit energetic), not in full combat mode. Those two know each other and have been through this before.

• Like 3