Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My cat, almost a twin for this handsome fellow, stared at the screen for several minutes!

When I was a teen, I had a black cat. His name was Tom.

OK, I'm going to ask another naïve question. Why do you very rarely see a cat on a leash?

OK, I'm going to ask another naïve question. Why do you very rarely see a cat on a leash?

2c9cd992387587b0286350b67bdc1a4f.jpg

this has been my experience too  :D

(though I've heard they CAN be trained if you begin with a kitten)

• Like 2

Because the marlin usually gets him first

I tried that a couple of times. It's not worth the struggle of getting the harness on. They don't seem to understand the premise of being taken for a walk. Mostly, they'll just sit there, meowing.

I had a neighbour who used to have her cat on a leash.  I don't know how or why he let her do it.

Every cat I have had wanted to escape at all costs.

I bet Tom was a nice boy.

Black cats are special.  They're sweet and can be goofy, at least the few I've had. One liked to play with my address book of all things, and ran to the table in anticipation when I made spaghetti, his favorite people food.  It's sad that they're often last to be adopted.

• Like 1

I tried that a couple of times. It's not worth the struggle of getting the harness on. They don't seem to understand the premise of being taken for a walk. Mostly, they'll just sit there, meowing.

The premise of being taken for a walk is not that complicated. I guess dogs ARE smarter.

Melanie Griffith with her pet lion, Neil, in 1970s.

Image courtesy The LIFE Picture Collection/Gett Michael Rougier

1SP2WTi.jpg

• Like 3

awtoLjP.jpg

You know this reminds me of my childhood.  As a cat lover, I tended to always side with Tom, but of course he is usually the bad guy.

You know this reminds me of my childhood.  As a cat lover, I tended to always side with Tom, but of course he is usually the bad guy.

I always wanted to see Sylvester eat then **** out that stupid yellow bird.

• Like 1

RE: DARK BLUE'S CAT NAMED TOM:

In the animated movie Gay Purree which I recently saw on TCM, the character voiced by Robert Goulet is translated into English as YELLOW TOM.

DYHqiBj.jpg

It is as if they are posing for Monsieur Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec

• Like 2

There are two cats who live in the bookstore that I pass every day before opening, and they are usually sitting just inside the door. I repeatedly try to get them to play with me, or even acknowledge me, without success. Any suggestions?