Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

This is a indeed a cat.  Wild cat breeds are cats.  They just aren't house cats.  If someone posts a picture of a lion in this thread, it is still  a cat. 

That's what my neighbor told Animal Control when they came to investigate his pet lion.

That's what my neighbor told Animal Control when they came to investigate his pet lion.

Oh Wow!

People who have wild animals as pets like lions should be locked away. 

I was just commenting on the purposes of this thread and species reference.  For example, dogs and wolves have the same ancestors.

Some may have seen this cat burglar on the news or Animal Planet awhile back:

A fine looking Snowshoe.

Are you paying homage to your former avatar, Kid?

;)

This was an old family photo I clicked on by mistake..

:blink:

• Like 1

Some may have seen this cat burglar on the news or Animal Planet awhile back:

Reminds me of Buffy (my female) when we used to live in a basement apartment of a house. At night, when the upstairs people had gone to bed, she'd go exploring up there. If they left food out, so much the better. I had this long hall leading into my apartment and I remember glancing up to see Buffy (the Vampire Slayer) coming down that long hall toward me with a huge slice of roast beef hanging from her mouth and dragging between her front paws.

She dropped it at my feet and as I began breaking it up for her into small pieces she could eat, she purred. And her brother, Gus (Augustus McCrae, named after the character from the novel 'Lonesome Dove'), jumped up to join in the booty.

• Like 5

I like cats though I've never had one. I've had dogs all my life, pretty well.

A friend of mine, though, had her son bring home a stray kitten one day. The poor thing had been kicked around like a football by some kids, from which her son had rescued the animal. My friend took the kitten to a vet who said that it would die unless it had an operation (I forget for what) that would cost $200.

My friend didn't have the money but asked the vet if he would take a cheque. He said he would, the operation was performed, my friend's cheque bounced and the vet took her to court. She got three days in jail but never regretted it because the operation saved the kitten's life.

'

And the kitten turned into a cat that lived with her for another ten years, or so.

Three summers ago the cat died, and my friend and her son took her body to a local humane society to have it cremated. On their way home they stopped in a small park and sat on a bench. Both were feeling down, and neither wanted to go home at that moment as they talked about their cat.

Suddenly, out of the bushes beside them emerged a cat that, my friend told me, was the spitting image of their cat, except, perhaps, a little larger. The stray cat walked up to my friend and started to rub up against her legs.

My friend told me that neither before nor since has she ever had a stray cat do this to her. But it happened on this particular day, a carbon copy of her own cat on the day of that cat's cremation!

My friend was badly rattled by the incident and made a speedy departure from the park. Every now and then she thinks about the eeriness of that moment (almost like one of the nine lives of her animal coming back to haunt her) and shakes her head over it.

• Like 5

"My friend told me that neither before nor since has she ever had a stray cat do this to her. But it happened on this particular day, a carbon copy of her own cat on the day of that cat's cremation!"

- Tom,

shirley, you forgot the part about your friend taking home the new orphan....right??

:o

• Like 1

"My friend told me that neither before nor since has she ever had a stray cat do this to her. But it happened on this particular day, a carbon copy of her own cat on the day of that cat's cremation!"

- Tom,

shirley, you forgot the part about your friend taking home the new orphan....right??

:o

Her son wanted to take that cat home, but my friend didn't, too badly rattled about losing her own cat, as well as the unexpected behaviour of this animal. Besides, the cat from the bushes may well have belonged to somebody.

Her son wanted to take that cat home, but my friend didn't, too badly rattled about losing her own cat, as well as the unexpected behaviour of this animal. Besides, the cat from the bushes may well have belonged to somebody.

I'd say this warrants a new reality show on NatGeo

• Like 1

She made this bed for me in the safest place. Have I got her trained, or what..

DEc4e4y.jpg

• Like 3