Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Always liked this cat - and his gang.

TopCatsGangofCats.jpg

"Top Cat" is one of my earliest memories, we only had a B&W television back then.

Remember Klondike Kat (I'm going to make mincemeat out of that mouse.)

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 1

H2JcTrF.gif

THIS silver Persian closely resembles the one me and the EX had( one of many) called "Misty".  The one that I have pictures of somewhere with her FACE in the toilet, and another of her with her face in my SNEAKER!

Oh, and BEWARE!

ANYone trying to sell you a "pedigree" Persian cat with BLUE eyes is SCAMMIN' you!  The pedigree standard  is GREEN eyes!

Sepiatone

THIS silver Persian closely resembles the one me and the EX had( one of many) called "Misty".  The one that I have pictures of somewhere with her FACE in the toilet, and another of her with her face in my SNEAKER!

Oh, and BEWARE!

ANYone trying to sell you a "pedigree" Persian cat with BLUE eyes is SCAMMIN' you!  The pedigree standard  is GREEN eyes!

Sepiatone

Like the white cats with the genetic quirk. My neighbor use to have a long hair Persian with the green/blue eyes

60989828_368962e3c0.jpg

black-and-white-angora-cat-cft1gce6.jpg

Copper eyed Persian

TARAYS_I_DREAM-OF-HEAVEN.JPG

I am sorry to say that I do not know varieties of cats as it was my early experience that purebloods were much less friendly and much more finicky than those whose parents were merely ships who passed in an alley one foggy evening.

I must wonder if that cat could truly be said to be of a breed because that term implies that there might be female cat who would mate with him and I find that to be very unlikely prospect.

When I was about 11 I pestered my Mom and Dad for a Siamese. Finally someone must have given me one because my parents would never pay for a cat. This was a male kitten and from the start he hated everyone except me. Needless to say, the feeling from them was mutual. He would scratch anyone that tried to hold him. Not only that, if you've never heard a Siamese meow, your in for an treat for the ears. From the time I left the house until I returned he would bawl for me. He was definitely a one person cat. My Dad didn't believe in keeping any of our animals restrained, nor would there be a litter box. So he went outside with me a lot. One day he went on the road. I saw him run under our Rose of Sharon bush and die. I was heartbroken. I imagine everyone else was secretly glad though. He was a gorgeous cat.
  • Like 1

I've had cats as pets, known lots of good ones and incredibly bad ones. Cats are definitely more "individuals" than dogs, horses or parrots-I've had them all at one time or another.

In my opinion, the ideal situation for a cat is an individual "shop" or "business" cat. They have an enclosed territory to monitor & eradicate vermin, they sleep all day & greet customers in between, no traffic or injuries/diseases/mating with other cats. The cat is entertained and it's like an employee. Litter boxes always skeeze me, poor cats diet really smells badly. So the cat's box is at work, generally a much larger area. 

The Capitol in Rome NY has a theater cat. He lives in the office during show hours and after the last one of the night gets to run around the auditorium. Perfect!

I've never seen this with dogs, and rarely if ever with people!

I used to live in an apartment with windows that faced the alley behind the apartment building.  One night, I heard in the alley, the familiar sounding "R-r-r-OWL-R-r-r-r-!" of a female cat in heat.

Looking out the window, I spotted the female in "distress" and noticed a Tom approaching from down the alley.  As he happened on the female, another Tom came onto the scene from the opposite direction.!

The two Toms, with ears set back, got to staring each other down, growling loudly (selling "wolf tickets" as was the old "street" vernacular) and even charged at each other and engaged in swapping and swiping claws at each other in a furious "cat fight".

While THOSE two Toms busied themselves with vying for "top spot", a third Tom happened by, saw the female in "distress", and the two  other  Toms seemingly ignoring her, so HE got busy and "did the deed" while the OTHER two cats sat helplessly by and watched! :lol:

I'm quite surprised MY loud laughter didn't scare any of them off! :D  

Sepiatone

• Like 1