Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

As I mentioned earlier, we have numerous outdoor cats. Since we are in the country they tend to find us or are dropped off. We had no cats when we moved here 12 yrs ago. The ones we have now stemmed from 3 orphan kittens showing up. They had no idea how to drink from a dish, so of course I took milk out and they learned to drink. Then over the years they multiplied, some disappeared and others were strays. Then every Spring comes the incessant cat fights and sounds like a cat in agony (when I was a kid I thought they were in horrible pain). It drives me crazy if we are trying to sit outside on a warm night, or sleep! One summer we had a mature male cat and his younger son having a stand off. For about 1/2 hour they howled and carried on, facing each other- not even an inch apart. The howls sounded like they were "saying I love you." Just on and on until finally the younger one backed down. No fight. Just intimidation.

TikiSoo:

I tried to like your post but I must have used my quota. I worked in health care at a retirement/personal care center and they had a cat for the residents. The cat had a perfect personality for there. They kept it until it got older, then gave it to an employee to take care of. Then they acquired a dog and the last I knew, a rabbit too. They gave that the rabbit to the same employee. The residents were feeding it a lot of lettuce, etc... and it couldn't tolerate the foods. They meant well though.

My apologies in advance if this has already been posted in this thread, but whenever I think of cats in movies the following courtesy of Saul Bass, the innovative master of the title sequence, always comes to my mind...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI9Or8rE_Dc

(...and Elmer Bernstein's bluesy riff in accompaniment made this unforgettable for me)  

• Like 1

My apologies in advance if this has already been posted in this thread, but whenever I think of cats in movies the following courtesy of Saul Bass, the innovative master of the title sequence, always comes to my mind...

(...and Elmer Bernstein's bluesy riff in accompaniment made this unforgettable for me)  

The l-o-n-g neck winking cat in "Mr Lucky" (TV series)

1959 LP cover 

Mancini_02.jpg?d=a1

Money spent on pets in United States correlates with Suicides by hanging, strangulation and suffocation.

Yep. When your kitties are gone, there's a great temptation to end it for yourself as well.

Maybe the greatest risk of suicide if those poor people who's into pet hoarding loses them.

Pet-Hoarders.png'

Hoarders-2.png

article-2487512-1931C08900000578-117_634

Oh geez, I would be nuts if I had THAT many cats! I love animals but how in the world can anyone keep that many inside and give each one attention? I very much admire the people that rescue animals but, wow, I could never live with that many.

Oh geez, I would be nuts if I had THAT many cats! I love animals but how in the world can anyone keep that many inside and give each one attention? I very much admire the people that rescue animals but, wow, I could never live with that many.

Sandy Dennis loved cats. She had that many, I believe.

Music for cats?

Very cool cats.   While they could have chosen a better amp I would love to jam with them.      Oh, and is that a picture of the Queen behind them?    

Sandy Dennis loved cats. She had that many, I believe.

Wow, I didn't know that. After I read your post I looked up how many she had. The article said 37 cats and she had a fox. It also said she claimed if she didn't have all the cats, she would have been compulsive. Her vet bills ran about 4,000 per month. I liked Sandy Dennis. She died too young and of ovarian cancer.