Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

If you HAD a cat, or just went and got one, you'd have no need of wasting time and cyberspace posting and looking at PICTURES of them.

Of course, most cat fanciers know there's long been a debate as to who owns WHO when it comes to cats.  And we all know that cats NEVER depend on you....

They expect from you.  Because like the T-shirt says...

"Cats don't have owners, they have staff" .  ;)

Sepiatone

If you HAD a cat, or just went and got one, you'd have no need of wasting time and cyberspace posting and looking at PICTURES of them.

I have a cat. And I post cat stuff in this cat thread. My apologies if I'm wasting your "cyberspace". 

• Like 2

I have a cat. And I post cat stuff in this cat thread. My apologies if I'm wasting your "cyberspace". 

No need to apologize for cat pix.  I get a kick out of it and if others don't care for it, they can ignore the Cats thread.  I currently have three cats.  Every cat I've ever had had her own personality and quirks, much like humans.

• Like 1

No need to apologize for cat pix.  I get a kick out of it and if others don't care for it, they can ignore the Cats thread.  I currently have three cats.  Every cat I've ever had had her own personality and quirks, much like humans.

Yeah, my "apology" wasn't sincere, as I don't believe anyone is "wasting cyberspace". Sepiatone just likes to complain. A lot.

To be fair, though, I think he was just trying to be a jovial curmudgeon, even if his posts are a bit tonally vague sometimes.

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 10:58 AM, Sepiatone said:

we all know that cats NEVER depend on you.

Absolute nonsense.

Just because they're the one domestic animal that doesn't have a master/slave relationship with their owner doesn't make them not depend on on us for food, shelter, protection, care. A home is extremely important to them.

A homeless kitty has a far shorter lifespan than one with a home.

This is particularly true in a country like mine - kitties without owners do not do well at surviving the long winters.

• Like 3

I agree with darkblue .Pet cats have a much longer lifespan than feral cats.   Cats do depend on us for food, shelter, meds, etc.  The whole cats-don't-need-us thing is a myth.  I kind of disagree with the "master/slave" comment, though.  I prefer to think of our relationships with our companion animals as more mutually symbiotic.

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 2:14 PM, ChristineHoard said:

I kind of disagree with the "master/slave" comment, though.  I prefer to think of our relationships with our companion animals as more mutually symbiotic.

In animal relationship, "master/slave" refers to the ability to get an animal to do something just for the purpose of servicing its owner.

The cat is the one animal that seeks human companionship that is not willing to service us for the sake of servicing us itself. It will not be trained to do so. It can be trained to do some things for food - but once it has eaten, it will refuse to do it again until it becomes hungry again.

Dogs and horses will perform for us without immediate reward.

This does not mean that cats have no affection for us - and they will voluntarily bring their catches to their human companions. But it's their decisions, not our commands, that make it so.

• Like 1

Answering the question that won me the Ig Nobel prize: Are cats liquid?

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/science/answering-the-question-that-won-me-the-ig-nobel-prize-are-cats-liquid

What is a liquid?

At the center of the definition of a liquid is an action: A material must be able to modify its form to fit within a container. The action must also have a characteristic duration. In rheology this is called the relaxation time. Determining if something is liquid depends on whether it’s observed over a time period that’s shorter or longer than the relaxation time.

If we take cats as our example, the fact is that they can adapt their shape to their container if we give them enough time. Cats are thus liquid if we give them the time to become liquid. In rheology, the state of a material is not really a fixed property – what must be measured is the relaxation time. What is its value and on what does it depend? For example, does the relaxation time of a cat vary with its age? (In rheology we speak of thixotropy.).............

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, darkblue said:

Aren't humans something like 95% water?

Why would a cat be less liquidy than that?

q3eSs3A.jpg

funny-cats-if-it-fits-i-sits-21.jpg

funny-liquid-cats-4.jpg

And who doesn't love a toilet kitty?

toilet_cat.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2