Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm looking forward to the new film of Cats, which opens next month. Sounds quite promising, though someone has already called it a musical version of The Island of Dr. Moreau. I have the DVD of the 1998 film version. It's basically the stage version, filmed, but it's good, although they cut my favorite scene.

cats-trailer-reactions-1563547434.jpg

3 minutes ago, Swithin said:

I'm looking forward to the new film of Cats, which opens next month. Sounds quite promising, though someone has already called it a musical version of The Island of Dr. Moreau. I have the DVD of the 1998 film version. It's basically the stage version, filmed, but it's good, although they cut my favorite scene.

I, on the other hand, think it looks like an unholy abomination that should be destroyed with fire, later scattering the ashes to the four corners of the world, over which should be spoken words of binding that will keep its abhorrent countenance forever locked away in the realms of the damned and unspeakable.

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

I, on the other hand, think it looks like an unholy abomination that should be destroyed with fire, later scattering the ashes to the four corners of the world, over which should be spoken words of binding that will keep its abhorrent countenance forever locked away in the realms of the damned and unspeakable.

So I guess you didn't like the show? I wasn't a huge fan, but I think the Dr. Moreau take makes it interesting, and I've liked the few clips I've seen. And I do like the music, particularly from the scene that's often cut: "The Ballad of Billy Macaw."

Here's the "Ballad" from a UK touring production: 

12 minutes ago, Swithin said:

So I guess you didn't like the show? I wasn't a huge fan, but I think the Dr. Moreau take makes it interesting, and I've liked the few clips I've seen. And I do like the music, particularly from the scene that's often cut: "The Ballad of Billy Macaw."

I've never seen the show. My opinion is based solely on the trailer. I've heard of the show, or course, as well as a song or two being performed on some TV show or other over the years. I know it's beloved by many, but musical theater isn't my thing, and this film has the added detriment of the bizarre furry-esque character design, and some casting choices that are a deal-breaker for me (I loathe James Corden and Rebel Wilson).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I love cats so much, they are just so soft and classy, even when they behave like mean ones they are so cute. I have two cats, Sparkle and Mr. Cucumber, they love to sleep together, 
it's so sweet that I constantly look at them when they sleep and I can’t take my eyes off. Have a nice day, everyone!