Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dare TCM to play a movie

MovieMadness

If there is a movie TCM should play but won't please dare them to play it.

I'm confused what your getting at here.   To me 'dare' means a movie TCM doesn't show for PC type reasons.   In other words TCM could lease the movie (because they have a solid leasing history with the studio that owns the movie),    and the studio is willing to lease the movie at a 'reasonable' price but TCM doesn't lease the movie because of the content of the movie.

But if you're being more general,   I don't see what the point is.

I dare..no!...I defy! tcm to show THE FLAME BARRIER (1958) starring Arthur Franz and the lovely Kathleen Crowley.

:D

I defy tcm to show Hot Spell (1958) starring Anthony Quinn, Shirley Booth, Shirley MacLaine, Earl Holiman, Eileen Heckart and Warren Stevens.

I defy tcm to show Hot Spell (1958) starring Anthony Quinn, Shirley Booth, Shirley MacLaine, Earl Holiman, Eileen Heckart and Warren Stevens.

produced by Hal Wallis

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0051742/?ref_=nv_sr_1

directed by Daniel Mann and an uncredited George Cukor!...

and tcm won't show this now?...

why on earth not?

well, I can only say this...

slackers! :)

I never saw this so I looked it up and it sounds very good. Plus I like both Shirleys. Also Eileen Heckert.

Then again I never seen Harold and Maude either. I would like to see it as well since there are strong opinions in both directions.

I never saw this so I looked it up and it sounds very good. Plus I like both Shirleys. Also Eileen Heckert.

Then again I never seen Harold and Maude either. I would like to see it as well since there are strong opinions in both directions.

Hot Spell sounds interesting.    A whole lot of shirley going on in that movie!

Even if TCM never airs 'HOT SPELL' (though I think they ought to at some point!) it's not as if the movie cannot be seen anywhere.  It was released on video circa 1986/87 on the old 'Kartes Video Communications' [KVC] label.  I bought 'HOT SPELL' new many moons ago on KVC.  I've still got it perched upstairs. > I admit what prompted me to buy it all those years ago was reading the review in Leonard Maltin's movie guide.  The review says something along the lines of "Shirley Booth spouts irritating platitudes like 'Hazel' on speed".  That cracked me up so I went out and bought it.  I think Leonard and his buddies gave HOT SPELL '**' out of '****'.  I'd up it a half-star from 'Average' to 'Worth Watching' so it gets '**½' out of '****' from me.

(Kartes Video Communications released another old movie I like quite a bit and I do not believe it's been released on DVD at this point:  THE MOON'S OUR HOME (1936) with Margaret Sullavan and Henry Fonda.  I bought it around the same time as I snagged 'HOT SPELL'.  I don't know how long KVC was in business, but they started releasing titles in clamshell cases with insert artwork circa 1985.  Some of those clamshell cases they used were verrry brittle and would chip and go to pieces.  KVC's release of the 1958 Debbie Reynolds comedy THIS HAPPY FEELING was in a gold-colored (and very fragile) clam case and mine has almost gone to pieces.  The insert artwork is basically holding the case together.  At least the aging videocassette still plays well. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

> I double-dog dare TCM to finally show P.J. (1968) with George Peppard, Raymond Burr, Gayle Hunnicutt, Brock Peters and Jason Evers.  I know George P. gets beat up in a gay bar which I suppose is considered non-PC these days, but if Turner Classic would kindly show P.J. I'd be most grateful.

They could show it as part of a Private Eye Night with HARPER, MARLOWE and THE LATE SHOW.

Warhol's Empire on Underground

I'm responding to my own post for cripe's sake!  I thought the idea of this thread was to test the TCM boundaries so to speak.  Hot Spell is just another in a long list of films that are hard to come by now for some reason or another.

Even if TCM never airs 'HOT SPELL' (though I think they ought to at some point!) it's not as if the movie cannot be seen anywhere.  It was released on video circa 1986/87 on the old 'Kartes Video Communications' [KVC] label.  I bought 'HOT SPELL' new many moons ago on KVC.  I've still got it perched upstairs. > I admit what prompted me to buy it all those years ago was reading the review in Leonard Maltin's movie guide.  The review says something along the lines of "Shirley Booth spouts irritating platitudes like 'Hazel' on speed".  That cracked me up so I went out and bought it.  I think Leonard and his buddies gave HOT SPELL '**' out of '****'.  I'd up it a half-star from 'Average' to 'Worth Watching' so it gets '**½' out of '****' from me.

(Kartes Video Communications released another old movie I like quite a bit and I do not believe it's been released on DVD at this point:  THE MOON'S OUR HOME (1936) with Margaret Sullavan and Henry Fonda.  I bought it around the same time as I snagged 'HOT SPELL'.  I don't know how long KVC was in business, but they started releasing titles in clamshell cases with insert artwork circa 1985.  Some of those clamshell cases they used were verrry brittle and would chip and go to pieces.  KVC's release of the 1958 Debbie Reynolds comedy THIS HAPPY FEELING was in a gold-colored (and very fragile) clam case and mine has almost gone to pieces.  The insert artwork is basically holding the case together.  At least the aging videocassette still plays well. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

> I double-dog dare TCM to finally show P.J. (1968) with George Peppard, Raymond Burr, Gayle Hunnicutt, Brock Peters and Jason Evers.  I know George P. gets beat up in a gay bar which I suppose is considered non-PC these days, but if Turner Classic would kindly show P.J. I'd be most grateful.

They could show it as part of a Private Eye Night with HARPER, MARLOWE and THE LATE SHOW.

But tcm was showing Hot Spell regularly more than ten years ago.

Archived