Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Who Knew?

Mac_the_Nice

Did you?

First I've ever seen of it. Been on a 1984 kick of late, checking out those two feature length films at YouTube, one from BBC (1954?) and the other with Edmund O'Brien from Columbia Pictures a year or two later.  I had to wonder:  is the mysterious "Immanuel Goldstien" based on the character of Leon Trotsky?  Had to get googling on it. And so it would appear. There's a huge archive of Trotsky diatribes. And now I've probably got J. Edgar Hoover hot on my trail, after downloading some of that flaming RED stuff to my hot and smoking Kindle.  I notice that Frida (famous artist, Marxist lover of both Diego Rivera and Trotsky) is currently available from NetFlix for streaming:  Salma is truly great in the role. So worth seeing for those who haven't yet: a powerfully fascinating woman.

The late, sorely missed Christopher HItchens on the subject . . .

Did you?

First I've ever seen of it. Been on a 1984 kick of late, checking out those two feature length films at YouTube, one from BBC (1954?) and the other with Edmund O'Brien from Columbia Pictures a year or two later.  I had to wonder:  is the mysterious "Immanuel Goldstien" based on the character of Leon Trotsky?  Had to get googling on it. And so it would appear. There's a huge archive of Trotsky diatribes. And now I've probably got J. Edgar Hoover hot on my trail, after downloading some of that flaming RED stuff to my hot and smoking Kindle.  I notice that Frida (famous artist, Marxist lover of both Diego Rivera and Trotsky) is currently available from NetFlix for streaming:  Salma is truly great in the role. So worth seeing for those who haven't yet: a powerfully fascinating woman.

The late, sorely missed Christopher HItchens on the subject . . .

I miss Christopher Hitchens, too, his pieces in Vanity Fair, and seeing him on TV debating with such fierce intelligence and wit.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings