Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Movita Castaneda, 1916-2015

Fedya

Actress who played Franchot Tone's love interest in 1935's Mutiny on the Bounty and later married Marlon Brando dies aged 98

She also sang the Carioca in Flying Down to Rio.

Apparently she died last Thursday, but most of the obituaries are only from the past day or two. I didn't see an obituary post here.

54864412_Movita_an_3203855c.jpg

Movita with Brando and Debbie Reynolds

Jeesh - Debbie Reynolds looks like one of Edgar Bergen's puppets in that photo.

Least sexy actress since June Allyson.

Saw parts of You Can't Run Away with It,  a remake of It Happened One Night with Allyson and Jack Lemmon.

What a stinker.    Allyson was way too old for the part especially since she always looked about 10 years older than she actually was (which was 39 when the film was released in 1956).     Lemmon and her had zero chemistry. 

Jeesh - Debbie Reynolds looks like one of Edgar Bergen's puppets in that photo.

Least sexy actress since June Allyson.

I respectfully disagree. Debbie Reynold's is much sexier, and definitely much more beautiful and with a shapelier body, than June Allyson. Of course I refer to the adult Debbie, not the pert teen, say, after she lost Eddie Fisher. While no Liz Taylor in the fields I mentioned, she was a near knockout.in the early 60s.

Actress who played Franchot Tone's love interest in 1935's Mutiny on the Bounty and later married Marlon Brando dies aged 98She also sang the Carioca in Flying Down to Rio.Apparently she died last Thursday, but most of the obituaries are only from the past day or two. I didn't see an obituary post here.54864412_Movita_an_3203855c.jpgMovita with Brando and Debbie Reynolds

If I'm not mistaken,.Movita used only her first.name professionally, right? I think this is the first time I take note of her last name.

I respectfully disagree. Debbie Reynold's is much sexier, and definitely much more beautiful and with a shapelier body, than June Allyson. While no Liz Taylor in the fields I mentioned, she was a near knockout in the early 60s.

I said "since", not "as".

No leading lady ever was as un-sexy as Allyson. But Reynolds comes pretty close - never did anything for me, ever. That shiny, plastic-looking face with the pronounced eye-socket bones was just not "it".

Daughter Carrie, now - she had some sex appeal.