Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"A Man for All Seasons" DTV => Watch Now for $5.99 when you're already a subscriber to TCM???

JeanneCrain

My DTV programming package includes TCM - attempted to view "A Man for All Seasons" and get "Watch Now for $5.99" - "Other Showings" - "Cancel" option box in low left corner.

Anyone other DTV subscribers having problems viewing "A Man for All Seasons"? 

BTW: A Man for All Seasons is one of my favorite movies :(

My DTV programming package includes TCM - attempted to view "A Man for All Seasons" and get "Watch Now for $5.99" - "Other Showings" - "Cancel" option box in low left corner.

Anyone other DTV subscribers having problems viewing "A Man for All Seasons"? 

BTW: A Man for All Seasons is one of my favorite movies :(

Yes. When I got home from work last night, TCM had music playing and a screen saying "we are experiencing technical difficulties".....

My favorite news channel showed the same message. I thought the system was down, but channels.next.to these were working. So I watched stuff I had DVRed.

Later, just before going to sleep, I put it on TCM, and that's when it showed the message about A MAN FOR ALL SEASONS being able to be ordered. When I woke a a while ago, WEARY RIVER was on, and THE BIG HOUSE is on now. So I guess they fixed the problem.

Thanks for the replies - going to the DTV website I found the following in the help section…"We're currently experiencing a technical issue that has caused the temporary interruption of several national HD channels. We're working to fix it as soon as possible. In the meantime, you can view most of these channels in SD. Learn how to set your Guide to show SD channels"

Navigating the procedure "to show SD channels" I found "Hard Days Night" playing upon the SD TCM channel while the HD TCM channel had changed to indicating that it was experiencing technical difficulties - sometime later I checked the HD TCM channel and discovered that it had returned to view-ability without the PPV option.

Initial post was intended to let others here know what we were experiencing on our end while soliciting whether others here were experiencing the same troubling issue(s).

Again, thanks for the feedback. :)

Those messages you got were from DirecTV, not TCM, It's pretty common when they're having technical issues, I've seen those kind before although  never  one offering a pay-for-view movie. Usually it's a "don't bother to call us, we already know" kind of thing.

The fact that TCM was available in SD, and that the problem affected several channels, leads me to believe that the trouble was actually at DirecTV's end, and likely involved HD signal transmission.

Here's a bit of an explanation from one of the insiders at satelliteguys.us

http://www.multichannel.com/news/technology/directv-dealing-hd-outages/388184

Scott Greczkowski 4 hours ago

It appears to be a failure of the DIRECTV 10 Satellite, however DIRECTV is not saying what the issue it. Normally when there is a satellite anomaly it is normally reported. Not sure why DIRECTV is not reporting what the issue is. But if you look at your DIRECTV receiver nothing is coming off of the 103 CB Satellite (which is DIRECTV 10)

It is very lucky that DIRECTV 14 was at 99 getting ready to go online. The guys at DIRECTV did an AMAZING job of reconfiguring the DIRECTV 14 satellite and putting it online so that a majority of the DIRECTV customers didn't even notice there was an issue.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings