Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

No Closing Comments after Patton freaked me out

sewhite2000

I'm unaccustomed to a prime time TCM airing not having commentary from either RO or BM both before and AFTER an airing, but that's what just happened with PATTON.

When Mr. Osborne had his "vacation" a while back, I recall the commentary from the various guest hosts appeared only prior to the movie and not after. But I can't recall it ever happening before with one of TCM's regular hosts until the airing of this movie.

I would also like to point out that for a week now every time I post a reply to any thread, even my own, my screen freezes up and I have to open a new window if I want to do anything else on this website. It's really making me hate tcm.com. I have little interest in continuing to post if this website is going to cause me heartache every time I do.

Oh yeah it just occurred to me that the closing comments to this movie, likely recorded weeks or months ago, probably finished by saying that THE HOSPITAL was coming up next, but that got replaced for licensing purposes, I think with MCCABE AND MRS. MILLER.

I think you may be right about that. But they could have just cut off the ending. It may have been that the segment they recorded had technical glitches and they just decided to discard it.

Oh yeah it just occurred to me that the closing comments to this movie, likely recorded weeks or months ago, probably finished by saying that THE HOSPITAL was coming up next, but that got replaced for licensing purposes, I think with MCCABE AND MRS. MILLER.

I do recall seeing another movie in the past airing wth opening comments but no closing ones. I don't remember what the movie was. 

In this instance on February 21, McCABE AND MRS. MILLER replaced DELIVERANCE.

However, during a tribute to George C. Scott a few months ago THE HINDENBURG replaced THE HOSPITAL (which I was looking forward to seeing for the first time).

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings