Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Meryl Streep's tribute to Bette Davis

HoldenIsHere

Quite frankly, I am a little tired of it airing so much. I do not find Bette and Meryl to be very similar in terms of acting style-- and they definitely had different material to work with. Also, the clip implies that they are the best actresses of their respective generations, which I do not believe to be the case at all.

No that scene is from Mr. Skeffington. She contracts diphtheria and is bedridden because of it.

Yes,  the picture shown on this website is from Mr. Skeffington,  but if one watches the actual clip,  the picture shown at 2:20 (just before the one on the website),  is from On Human Bondage.

I feel that is the one being asked about because that picture shows Davis looking 'like she's strung out'. 

Yes,  the picture shown on this website is from Mr. Skeffington,  but if one watches the actual clip,  the picture shown at 2:20 (just before the one on the website),  is from On Human Bondage.

I feel that is the one being asked about because that picture shows Davis looking 'like she's strung out'. 

The clip at 2:20 on the video shows Bette Davis in a sleeveless dress with a cigarette in one hand. She has stringy blonde hair and looks like she's taken Dilaudid or some other narcotic.

Oh, okay. Thanks

The clip at 2:20 on the video shows Bette Davis in a sleeveless dress with a cigarette in one hand. She has stringy blonde hair and looks like she's taken Dilaudid or some other narcotic.

That picture one sees at 2:20 is from Of Human Bondage.    What caused confusion was that the picture 'frozen' on this website from the video clip isn't the picture one sees at 2:20.

That picture one sees at 2:20 is from Of Human Bondage.   

Thanks, james.

I've seen that movie a a number of years ago but I don't remember that scene.

It definitely caught my attention in the tribute video.

The part I do remember from OF HUMAN BONDAGE is where Bette Davis says "I had to wipe my mouth, wipe my mouth" every time she kissed Leslie Howard.

That moment is also included in the tribute video.