Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Robert Osborne's Picks - May 2015

When the May schedule was posted a couple of weeks ago, the lineup for May 5, labelled Bob's Picks, was listed as 'TBA'. That has now been updated and the evening's schedule is available here: http://www.tcm.com/schedule/index.html?tz=est&sdate=2015-05-05

The highlight of the night for my money is the TCM premiere of AGATHA (1979), starring Vanessa Redgrave and Dustin Hoffman.

• Like 1

Ooh I'm excited about "Torrid Zone."  I've read a lot about it on a couple of the Ann Sheridan threads that have been floating around and I'd like to see it.

Can't say I'm too excited about "Miss Sadie Thompson" with Rita Hayworth.  As much as I like Hayworth, I wasn't a fan of this film.  I don't know what it was about it, I just didn't care for it.  Maybe I missed something when I watched it the first time.  Hayworth was also lacking some of the glamour she had in 1946's "Gilda" and that was somewhat disappointing.  Maybe she was wearing bad makeup? I'm not sure.

Ooh I'm excited about "Torrid Zone."  I've read a lot about it on a couple of the Ann Sheridan threads that have been floating around and I'd like to see it.

Can't say I'm too excited about "Miss Sadie Thompson" with Rita Hayworth.  As much as I like Hayworth, I wasn't a fan of this film.  I don't know what it was about it, I just didn't care for it.  Maybe I missed something when I watched it the first time.  Hayworth was also lacking some of the glamour she had in 1946's "Gilda" and that was somewhat disappointing.  Maybe she was wearing bad makeup? I'm not sure.

In Torrid Zone the verbal battle between the two gals (Ann and Helen Vinson) going after Cagney is just great.    Even better than the battle between Stanwyck and Alexis Smith in The Two Miss Carrolls.      The movie is a lot of fun with Pat O'Brien showing a fun, high energy side of himself.    Of course O'Brien and Cagney were seasoned pros that had made a lot of movies together by this time.

Look for George Reeves (Superman) in the film.

• Like 1